Gastroenterology Marketing Manager I/II, Consumer
The Marketing Manager I/II (MMI.II) leads the development of commercial plans to maintain market leadership in an increasingly competitive landscape within the Gastroenterology franchise of Immunology. The MMI/II will work closely with multiple commercial operations teams to ensure success in development of strategy, creative and execution plans, product support and sales execution. Internally, the MM I/II will foster positive working relationships with the sales force, public affairs, medical affairs, medical review, market research, sales training, regulatory review, business analytics, customer experience, paid media and other cross franchise teams. Externally, the MM I/II works with various ad agencies, consultants, and other vendors to successfully drive the business. The MM I/II must demonstrate the ability to lead without authority, while building a collaborative, integrated commercial brand team. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Contribute to the development of the consumer strategic plan leveraging both internal and external business understanding and insight.
- Lead creative development and execution of assigned consumer tactics to drive brand and disease awareness, acquisition, and conversion initiatives through a variety of channels including; mass, social, CRM, in-office, print, website, banner ads, and publisher programs.
- Lead the development and management of assigned digital programs to optimize the customer experience across all touch points
- Lead development of relevant components of media plans, then evaluate and optimize by tracking performance and identifying implications of all media types
- Decipher and extract motivational (activating) patient insights and prioritize for application toward strategically valued customers and stakeholders
- Continually evaluate the effectiveness of marketing programs and recommend changes in strategy or tactics as appropriate
- Proactively support the sales force through ongoing communications of consumer marketing programs
- Direct and motivate agency staff to develop impactful tactics
- Apply basic accounting, financial principles and tracking principles to manage a budget
- Influence others through clear communication, expertise, trust, commitment, and follow-through
- Manage internal cross-functional team members and external networks, consultants, and agency partners
- Bachelor's Degree
- DTC mass media (TV, Print, Web) experience
- Understanding of social media platforms and their application
- A balance of analytical capability and creative vision
- Excellent communication (oral, written, and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with all levels in a highly matrixed organization.
- Ability to influence management.
- Strong planning and organization skills, attention to detail, execution, and follow-through
- Experience working with and managing multiple external agencies including advertising, digital, database agencies and internal partners preferred.
- 2-5 years brand marketing/consumer promotions experience
- Pharmaceutical consumer marketing experience
- Multiple brands experience
- CRM experience including Direct mail and e-mail
- Experience working with and managing multiple external agencies including advertising, digital, database agencies and internal partners
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled