The Project Manager will be responsible for leading the development and execution of the highest priority strategic initiatives across Depomed and its business units. This role reports directly to the head of Operations. This position will work closely with other high level key stakeholders within Depomed. This role will have high visibility across the organization and be responsible for leading and influencing broad, strategic, and mandated initiatives and programs. This position will support large initiatives that may involve multiple stakeholders and span across several internal businesses, business units, corporate teams and external partners.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead projects inclusive of assessing the needs, defining and documenting the solutions, and working with various organizations to roll out projects. This will include leading all aspects of the project including scheduling, resourcing, development and implementation
- Provide leadership for the ideation and development of key initiatives that better support Depomed business goals
- Prepare presentations for internal and external audiences
- Work closely with leadership on special projects, inclusive of commercial strategy development and implementation
- Manage the Business Planning Process with both internal and external partners
- Lead the operations portion of the Quarterly Business Review process inclusive of content development and preparation logistics
- Collaborates to lead a cross-functional team on a project basis
- Is responsible for writing clear and detailed project documentation including project scopes, estimates and schedules, etc.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Define the project management process to be applied to cross-functional projects and programs.
- Lead cross-functional core teams in achieving project objectives- ensure cross-functional thinking and appropriate analytical rigor in the development of project team strategies
- Lead acquisition integration teams Analyze risk and implement risk management strategies. Establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibility for initiating corrective action.
- Track actual performance against the plan and make adjustments consistent with plan objectives
- Drive preparation of Governance Board deliverables and ensure implementation of Governance Board decisions
- Keep all stakeholders informed of progress and issues.
- Establish and publish clear priorities among project activities.
- Coach department project managers on project management best practices
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5+ years project management experience preferred SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience in project management for a full range of marketing tactics, both offline and online.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office with an emphases on Power Point and Excel.
- The ideal candidate for this role must be versatile, multi-functional and have the ability to work on a wide range of projects, varying in size and complexity.
- You must possess strong organizational, documentation, and communication skills with experience developing and managing milestone schedules/timelines preferred
- Recognizes the simultaneous need for rigorous adherence to process and the flexibility to adapt to changes along the way
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
DEPOMED COMPETENCIES INCLUDE
- Decisions & Judgment
- Ownership & Initiative
- Adaptability & Change Readiness
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Ability to travel via airplane
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet.
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position of up to 20 lbs. on occasion
- Standing/ walking
- Repetitive motion
- Ability to prepare and analyze data and figures
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and written instructions
- Ability to organize and prioritize own works schedule
- Ability to apply common sense in performing job
- Ability to understand and follow instructions
Depomed is a leading specialty pharmaceutical company committed to putting the Patient First in everything we do; with a focus on enhancing the lives of patients, families, physicians, providers and in payors through commercialization of products in the areas of pain and neurology, and developing drugs in areas of unmet medical needs.
Depomed currently markets three medicines focused on neuropathic pain and migraine through its Neurology and Pain Business and has an emerging Specialty Business focused on orphan drug indications and areas of unmet medical need.
Depomed has a clear THREE PILLAR strategy for growth: MAINTAIN a strong/profitable NUCYNTA franchise through a commercialization agreement with Collegium, GROW the Neurology and Pain Business and BUILD a new Specialty Business through a recent Cosyntropin transaction. The company's strategy is to continue to identify, license and develop new products-that offer enhanced therapeutic options to patient populations that may be underserved by existing therapies.
As part of the transformation strategy, Depomed will be relocating its headquarters to the northern suburbs of Chicago, Illinois. Additional information about location will be shared during the interview process.
Depomed is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer