Senior Research Associate, Assay Development
Fate Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated, skilled, and conscientious individual to join our company’s Process and Assay Development team to support the development of pluripotent cell-derived therapies. The successful candidate will work with the team on the initial development, implementation, and validation of novel cell-based assays to support the characterization, functional profiling and safety evaluation of NK cell and T cell-based therapeutic candidates. Candidates should have experience developing assays, such as assessment of cell phenotype, cytotoxicity, cytokine production, cell cycle, and cell health. This position requires prior experience with mammalian cell culture, working within a Quality System, knowledge of statistical and analytical tools for assay development, and excellent technical, organizational and interpersonal skills. This position is located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego, California and reports to the Associate Scientist, Assay Development.
- Perform all functions to support cell-based assay development and analysis of Fate’s iPSC and iPSC-derived hematopoietic cells
- Work closely with Fate’s process research, development and manufacturing teams to identify critical quality attributes at each stage of iPSC-derived hematopoietic cell manufacturing processes
- Generate assay qualification and validation plans, complete assay qualification and validation studies, and generate assay validation reports
- Culture, maintain, and generate banks of cell lines and primary cells required for assay development
- Data interpretation, detailed record keeping and SOP writing
- Ordering and maintaining stocks of lab reagents and samples
- B.S. or M.S. degree with 5+ years relevant lab experience in cell biology, developmental biology, immunology or other related fields
- Prior experience designing and developing multi-color flow cytometry assays and performing data analysis is required
- Knowledge of statistical and analytical tools utilized
- Prior experience with assay development is strongly preferred
- Prior experience and knowledge in iPS/ES cell culture and immune cell culture is preferred
- Prior experience designing and developing nucleic acid testing and data analysis is preferred
- Excellent communication, time management, record keeping and data analysis skills
- The ability to successfully pursue an individual research project and take direction in a group environment
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Will require working with cell lines of human origin
- May require working with rodent models
- 100% on-site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be required
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required from time to time.
For consideration send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and
reference job 192SM.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first-in-class cellular immunotherapies for cancer and immune disorders. The Company is pioneering the development of off-the-shelf cell therapies using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. This platform uniquely enables the single-cell selection of a precisely engineered iPSC clone and the subsequent creation and maintenance of a clonal master iPSC line. Analogous to master cell lines used to manufacture biopharmaceutical drug products such as monoclonal antibodies, clonal master iPSC lines are a renewable source for consistently and repeatedly manufacturing homogeneous cell products in quantities that support the treatment of many thousands of patients in an off-the-shelf manner. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline is comprised of FATE-NK100, a donor-derived natural killer (NK) cell cancer immunotherapy that is currently being evaluated in three Phase 1 clinical trials, as well as iPSC-derived NK cell and T-cell immunotherapies, with a focus on developing augmented cell products intended to synergize with checkpoint inhibitor and monoclonal antibody therapies and to target tumor-specific antigens. The Company’s immuno-regulatory pipeline includes ProTmune™, a next-generation donor cell graft that is currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 clinical trial for the prevention of graft-versus-host disease, and a myeloid-derived suppressor cell immunotherapy for promoting immune tolerance in patients with immune disorders. Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.