Discovery Research Assistant
TeneoBio Inc. is a private biotechnology company based in Menlo Park with a new, fully human heavy-chain antibody (HCAb) platform based on transgenic rats. Our mission is to develop next-generation therapies for the treatment of cancer, antibiotic-resistant bacteria, and emerging viruses. TeneoBio has several products in pre-clinical development for the treatment of solid and liquid cancers.
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented researcher with the following skills to join our high-throughput antibody discovery team.
The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of laboratory experience with a B.S./B.A. degree or equivalent in a Life Sciences related field such as molecular biology, genetics or immunology.
- Research experience in molecular biology including standard cloning techniques, vector design, sequence analysis, PCR, Gibson Assembly, DNA and RNA isolation is desired.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and transfection techniques is a plus.
- Experience with protein and/or antibody assays (ELISAs, flow cytometry) is a plus.
- Proven track record of problem solving and the ability to pick up new technical skills quickly.
- The ability to manage multiple projects efficiently, to communicate clearly and effectively and build open and collaborative relationships are essential. A positive attitude and a strong attention to detail are required.
We are a fast-growing startup offering challenging scientific work in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. We have high-profile venture capital investors and leading biotechnology partnerships. We are a flat organization and you will have the opportunity to collaborate with experts from across our organization and learn every aspect of how a startup grows. We offer excellent benefits including:
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Stock options on day one
- 401(k) with match
- Group lunches
- Gym membership
- Transport to the train station and surrounding transportation hubs
- Vacation and sick leave
- Commitment to staff mentorship and personal growth
This is a full-time position in Menlo Park, CA. Compensation is DOE.
TeneoBio, Inc. offers a team-oriented and stimulating work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: “Discovery Research Assistant Position”. In your cover letter, please outline your specific experience with molecular cloning techniques.