Strategic and Planning Support Analyst
Excellent full-time opportunity (40 hours per week) working with NASA at the Ames Research Center. Looking for a dedicated professional ready to take on a challenging and rewarding position. Change to fulltime position is possible in the future.
The Strategic and Planning Support Analyst supports the NASA Ames Research Center Partnership Office in the preparation and development of Partnership programs. The Partnership Office funds research, development, and demonstration of innovative technologies; develops technical partnerships with non-traditional space nations; works with commercial space companies to identify NASA technology useful to them and to infuse commercial technology into NASA missions; transfers NASA technology to the private sector through licensing agreements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in science or English with emphasis on writing;
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience. At least two (2) years of scientific and/or educational writing experience required;
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize multiple, competing work assignments.
- Extensive computer skills and software knowledge, preferably in Mac-based software.
- Good interpersonal and English communication skills essential. Must possess the ability to use the English language for reading and writing/producing written English work.
- Demonstrated capability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong Communication and technical writing skills a must.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident Status.
- Must be eligible for or have successfully completed a National Agency Check investigation for a “NASA Clearance” within the last ten (10) years.
- Prior experience at NASA AMES Research Center and familiarity with NASA Space Agreements desired.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Support efforts for tracking and analyzing new partnerships, strategic management, advanced planning and related activities.
- Develop/use various tools such as databases, metrics, etc., to assist in advanced planning and strategic management of business activities and assets and increased understanding of win rates, return on investments and earned value management.
- Provide support for center-wide Partnership Review and Evaluation (PRE) Training and Training Materials Development.
- Develop training materials and schedule regular training sessions for end users based on the new criteria for Space Act Agreement abstracts.
- Communicate, coordinate and provide an interface on a daily basis for the abstracts being submitted between the contractor staff, NASA ARC managers and HQ points of contact based on the development of new guidelines set forth in the new Partnership Streamlining Council.
- Attend all weekly PRE meetings and record all actions for input into the Pursuit registry for abstract initiator’s corrective action prior to HQ submittal for review and approval.
- Monitor input and provide assistance in a weekly review of data base entries, compilation and preparation of reports that reflect fiscal year on-going entries for weekly and quarterly Center directorate meetings and compilation of statistical status reports based on data base entries.
- Track funds allocated by Ames to work groups around the center that are engaged in new business efforts.
- Establish and manage a closeout process for Space Act Agreements in accordance with guidance from NASA HQ in response to the Office of the Inspector (General audit released June 5, 2014.
- Other related assignments and duties, as required.
Occasionally -Climbing, Stooping, Kneeling
Often -Reaching, Standing, Sitting, Walking, Pushing, Pulling, Talking, Hearing, Seeing, Fingering/Grasping/Feeling, Typing/Writing
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, as required and have the ability to perform repetitive hand and arm movements.
- Normally works in an environmentally controlled area.