Lab Manager, Microbiome Temporary Employee
*Position included medical benefits*
This cutting edge Bioscience company is a biopharmaceutical company developing innovative and curative treatments for hepatitis B virus infection (HBV), in addition to a large research effort in the microbiome space in partnership with Allergan. Both programs have breakthrough potential to provide higher cure rates for debilitating diseases.
This Bioscience company is committed to advancing science and enhancing the health and well-being of patients. This commitment, along with a vibrant team culture, drives our efforts to develop and commercialize novel approaches and therapies to address major medical needs.
The Lab Manager will provide support to a growing team of scientists and be responsible for the operational optimization and success of the laboratories.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist laboratory personnel with procurement of lab supplies and equipment, as requested
- Work with Finance team to ensure new vendors are set-up in the Oracle system and serve as liaison between vendors and Finance team.
- Deliver packages to requestor upon receipt, receive packing slips into Oracle system, and process return goods
- Assist laboratory personnel with preparation of reagents, samples, and equipment/instrument set-up, break-down, and clean-up.
- Schedule and oversee maintenance and calibration of equipment/instruments
- Maintain binders of operating procedures, safety regulations, SDS’s, etc.
- Develop and manage an inventory system for routinely used lab supplies
- Monitor and maintain organization, cleanliness, and orderliness within the laboratories, including bench tops, floor spaces, etc.
- Perform routine housekeeping tasks, such as cleaning labware, emptying trash receptacles
- Manage vendor relationships and serve as a liaison between vendors and internal parties including scientists and the ASMB finance team.
- Provide exemplary customer service to scientists and laboratory personnel.
- Serve as a liaison between scientists and the building facilities team to ensure clear communication and any facilities-related matters, as needed.
- Assist with data entry into databases and document management, as requested
- Ensure adherence to laboratory safety policies and report deviations
- Conduct safety training of new laboratory users and re-training of existing laboratory users, as applicable
- Enforce and sustain operating procedures in all laboratories
- Execute administrative duties, as needed
- Other duties as requested or required.
- A.S. or B.S. degree in a science discipline
- 2-5 years prior laboratory experience required
- Strong motivation, independence, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to think independently and fully integrate into a high achieving team environment
- Results oriented and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs, especially Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (experience with MS Project a huge plus!)
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical GMPs a plus, but not required
This is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.