Senior Manager/Associate Director/Director Alliance & Program Management
The candidate will advance Wave’s partnered and internal programs by ensuring organizational alignment and seamless cross-functional execution. They will organize joint, global, multi-disciplinary teams with our partners to deliver high quality data in accordance with budget and timelines. This individual will also support business development activities and internal research programs. This individual will interact with employees across the company and with collaborators to advance stereopure nucleic acid therapeutics that precisely target the underlying cause of rare diseases, with a goal of delivering exceptional treatment options for patients.
• Lead and participate in global collaborations as an alliance manager and member of the collaboration committee to ensure key collaboration goals are achieved.
• Collaborate with group leaders to actively manage and monitor progress of multiple programs towards timely milestone achievement.
• Work closely with and support cross-functional teams to prepare for interactions with partners. Lead meetings with partners and internal teams to drive the strategy, daily operations, and new opportunities arising from the collaborations.
• Develop agendas, manage the partner meetings, and document the key discussion points and decisions taken at these meetings.
• Identify issues as they arise internally, or as a result of partner interactions, and work with team leadership and other necessary stakeholders to formulate strategies and drive to resolution.
• Develop reports and deliver presentations internally and to partners.
• Direct and ensure communication alignment on technical, organizational, and budgetary affairs with management teams and strategic partners.
• Participate in Corporate Development activities, including assessing growth opportunities, supporting cross-functional searches, evaluation and diligence teams, and transactions.
• B.A./B.S. in scientific, healthcare, or related field required; M.B.A., M.S., and/or Ph.D. preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of industry experience; alliance and/or program management experience preferred.
• International and cross-cultural management experience desirable.
• Excellent project management skills required, including strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, and problem-solving talents.
• Strong analytical and presentation skills.
• Ability to synthesize, analyze, and prioritize complex and disparate information.
• Experience positively influencing teams in a matrix management environment.
• Good understanding of research, development, and drug-development processes.
• Demonstrated ability to build rapport with therapeutic and functional area leaders.
• Dynamic, independent, flexible, well-organized, pro-active, collaborative-minded individual interested in contributing to excellent research science in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
• Travel (including international travel) will be required.
• Title and compensation commensurate with experience.