Scientist I, Process Sciences
Abbvie has an opening for a Scientist I, supporting high throughput Cell Line Development, in our Bioresearch Center in Worcester, MA. Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for preparing, executing and monitoring automation runs on a daily basis to support cell line development projects using defined methods.
- Develop CHO cell lines for production of biologic therapeutics using automated platforms for clone screening and management. Assist with fast-paced diagnosis and troubleshooting of automation issues.
- Support method optimizations and instrument performance verifications, as needed. Modify existing protocols and develop new automation protocols under supervision, as needed.
- BS in Biological Science with 5-7 years of experience or MS and 3-5 years of experience.
- Experience with one or more robotic liquid handlers and automation instruments, such as bulk reagent dispensers, plate imagers and automated incubators, is preferred. Working knowledge of Hamilton STAR platform or Momentum software is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to independently design, execute and interpret critical experiments and to determine next steps based on outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to implement and master new instrumentation. Ability to multitask across projects while keeping deliverables within timelines.
- Experience with handling high throughput data and demonstrated ability to utilize LIMS is plus.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of the team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the “essence” and can change the course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.