Accounts Payable /Payroll Specialist
Poseida Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a talented and self-motivated Accounts Payable/Payroll Specialist to join our team in San Diego, CA. This position offers an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual to help support and contribute to a growing biotech developing new gene editing and gene therapy products in an exciting and dynamic environment focused on cutting-edge gene editing technology. Primarily, the role will be responsible for a range of general staff accounting tasks, including: full cycle accounts payable, payroll processing and general accounting support.
- Responsible for accurate and timely processing of AP invoices per corporate policies, including appropriate approval
- Code invoices within Great Plains
- Identifies and investigates any issues with provider bills and obtains mutual resolution of discrepancies
- Maintain accurate vendor information, including record of all W-9 information and ensures all W-9 information is in place prior to issuing payment
- Perform accounts payable reconciliations to ensure accuracy and resolve outstanding items
- Process employee expense reports and verify compliance with company policy
- Prepare and issue 1099s at year end
- Compile payroll data such as, vacation time, insurance and 401(k) deductions
- Compile internal management reports from payroll system software
- Process both regular and off-cycle payrolls
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Calculate correct pay with the assistance of ADP payroll system incorporating hours worked deductions, bonuses etc.
- Research and respond to payroll inquiries
- Support annual audits with external auditors
- Performs a variety of clerical duties including, but not limited to filing, scanning and photocopying
- Assist in short- and long-term projects
- Work closely with all departments to ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures
- Additional duties as assigned
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in accounts payable or general accounting; payroll experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or related field preferred
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment with emphasis on accuracy and timelines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word is required; Great Plains experience required; ADP experience a plus
Advanced proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Great Plains. Ability to effectively communicate with high level persons such as senior executives, and external executives. Demands an in-depth knowledge of company operations. Ability to exercise sound judgment. Effectively manage multiple tasks. Requires minimal supervision and ability to act independently. Maintain high level of excellence. Prior experience in a biotechnology company preferred.
Poseida Therapeutics is translating best-in-class gene engineering technologies into lifesaving cell therapies. The company is developing CAR T-cell immunotherapies for multiple myeloma, prostate and other cancer types, as well as gene therapies for orphan diseases. P-BCMA-101 is Poseida’s lead CAR-T therapy currently in Phase 1 clinical development for the treatment of multiple myeloma. Poseida has assembled a suite of industry-leading gene engineering technologies, including the piggyBac™ DNA Modification System, TAL-CLOVER™ and Cas-CLOVER™ site-specific nucleases, and Footprint-Free™ Gene Editing (FFGE). For more information, visit www.poseida.com.