Bay Area (South San Francisco) clinical stage biotech startup seeks a highly motivated medicinal chemist at the scientist/senior scientist level to join our discovery effort. Our small molecule program takes aim at known and novel targets in protein homeostasis and is poised to address multiple indications including autoimmune/inflammatory disorders and oncology. This position provides an exciting opportunity for major scientific and strategic roles in the research and development of novel therapies for serious diseases.
This position will involve the efficient design and hands-on synthesis of novel compounds for ongoing and emerging projects, identification and application of prevailing SAR to autonomous compound design, and team-driven optimization of drug-like clinical candidates. Responsibilities will also include translating to large scale the chemistries of successful candidates, contribution to patent and publication preparation and, subject to experience level and/or accomplishments in the lab, near-term management of CRO-driven collaborations.
- Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry, 0-8 years of industry experience
- Record of accomplishment as evidenced by publications and/or patents
- Detailed and current knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry and experience in route design of complex molecules
- Knowledge of medicinal chemistry principles, PKDM concepts and therapeutic targets is desired of entry level position, required of senior level position
- Demonstrated identification and application of SAR identification toward lead compound optimization is desired of entry level, required of senior level position
- Knowledge and understanding of safe operating practices.
- Flexibility to work simultaneously on multiple projects under tight timelines and changing priorities
- Ability to effectively communicate in scientific discourse amongst different disciplines, internally and externally
- Innovative spirit and willingness to join a fast-paced and highly collaborative group of scientists in an early stage company.
If the thought of building a company’s R&D portfolio and making a major impact in drug development sounds appealing to you, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.