Research Associate / Research Scientist – Biology
Wave Life Sciences USA seeks an experienced and highly motivated biologist to join its research team in Cambridge, Massachusetts. This is an ideal position for an individual with a strong background in drug discovery and early drug development who thrives in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and cross disciplinary biotech environment. The candidate will be responsible for designing, executing and analyzing experiments as a member of teams focused on advancing therapeutic programs and discovery research platforms. This candidate will contribute to all levels of in vitro and in vivo discovery research to support development of optimized nucleic acid therapies for the treatment of neurological disorders. Prior experience in exploring or utilizing nucleic acids for therapeutic modulation of gene expression is preferred, but not required.
- Design, development and execution of plate-based assay to support drug discovery efforts.
- Integration and utilization of automation to support drug screening efforts.
- Maintaining multiple cell-lines including patient-derived cells, transformed cells and induced-pluripotent stem cells (iPSC).
- Expansion and differentiation of iPSC lines into multiple cell types (neurons, cardiac and muscle cells)
- Monitoring and maintaining cell and reagent repositories
- Maintaining laboratory notebook and experimental records
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Biology or related discipline with at least 3 years of hands on laboratory experience.
- Strong expertise in molecular biology techniques including mRNA and DNA isolation from tissues/cell-lines, mRNA quantitation (qPCR and branched DNA), and protein quantification (Western-blot, ELISA and HTRF assay)
- Experience with cell-culture including, primary neurons, transformed cell-lines and patient-derived cells.
- Experience with culturing, expansion and differentiation of induced-pluripotent stem cells (iPSC) and neuronal precursor cells (NPC) preferred
- Expertise with automation and development of plate-based screening methods to support drug discovery efforts.
- Outstanding aptitude for experimental design and execution, efficient assay development and creative problem solving
- Adept at preparation of clear and accurate reports for internal and external projects
- Capacity to be highly productive in a fluid and fast-paced work environment
- Committed and collaborative team player