Ultragenyx is a clinical stage biotechnology company committed to bringing to market novel products for the treatment of rare and ultra-rare diseases with an initial focus on serious debilitating metabolic genetic diseases. Founded in 2010, the company has rapidly built a diverse portfolio of both large and small molecule candidates with the potential to address diseases for which the unmet medical need is high, the biology for treatment is clear, and for which there are no approved therapies.
Come join our team during this exciting time of growth and opportunities!
We are headquartered in Novato, CA, 25 miles north of San Francisco, and we also have an office in Brisbane, CA, 10 miles south of San Francisco. This position can be located in Novato or Brisbane.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success filling Scientific and Research roles within a fast-paced biotechnology and life sciences organization with a concentration in Commercial, and global hiring in Latin America (LATAM). The successful candidate will be a proactive, driven performer who is exceptionally well-organized and is able to effectively multi-task and manage constantly shifting priorities.
Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Develop strong partnerships with hiring managers and HR to ensure the right talent is being identified and hired
- Partner with hiring managers to discuss job requirements and applicant qualifications; interview applicants on consistent set of qualifications
- Work closely with hiring managers and team to respond proactively to various recruitment needs
- Manage candidate application and interviewing process and act as a candidate advocate ensuring a positive interviewing process
- Screen all candidates by reviewing resumes and conducting phone interviews and in-person interviews
- Ensure hiring manager and interviewer preparedness during the interview process, as well as ensuring interviews are conducted consistently, efficiently and professionally
- Work to ensure a pool of best-fit, highest qualified individuals
- Assist with the offer and onboarding process within the Applicant Tracking System (Lever)
- BA or BS degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years full life cycle recruitment experience is required in the biotech/ life sciences industry.
- Experience sourcing candidates from all levels
- Strong customer drive and dedication to quality and success.
- Results oriented mindset (high sense of urgency, determination, tenacity, etc.)
- Detail-oriented and able to work well independently
- Excellent negotiation skills coupled with strong ability to handle objections effectively
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively while handling multiple projects on various timelines in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with internet research and social media branding
Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status.
Note to External Recruiters: All candidate activity and open positions are managed strictly through our Human Resources Department. Our Human Resources Department kindly requests that recruiters not contact employees/hiring managers directly in an attempt to solicit business and present candidates. Please note that failure to comply with this request will be a factor in determining a professional relationship with our organization. Submission of unsolicited resumes prior to an agreement set in place between the Human Resources Department and the recruiting agency will not create any implied obligation. Inquiries on developing a recruiting relationship with us, may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.