Office Coordinator (FS18-183)
Catalyst is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company advancing several high potency parenteral recombinant compounds, targeted for subcutaneous delivery, through mid to late clinical trials with the intent of commercializing. For more information, please visit www.catalystbiosciences.com.
The Office Coordinator is a “hands on” position with direct responsibility for Catalyst’s facility related tasks, finance and human resources support. This position reports to the Senior Controller works directly with a wide range of individuals including, but not limited to, senior management, finance, HR and external vendors.
- Responsible for communicating all facility-related matters to property management to ensure timely response to matters requiring attention. Submit facility-related tickets to property management via BxP portal. General office maintenance including assisting staff and IT with moving, hanging and general upkeep of the office.
- Ensure all snack inventory and office supplies are monitored and replenished weekly. Manage shipping and receiving including retrieval and delivery of mail, prepare and send shipping requests, monitor/replenish postage machine and FedEx/shipping supplies.
- Maintain Data Safe inventory including assessing which items need to be stored offsite versus disposed of. Main liaison between staff and storage company, facilitating box retrieval and pick up, etc.
- Work with external EH&S consultant to maintain employee safety records, schedule mandatory safety training and maintain evacuation documentation. Coordinate with various state and local agencies for annual inspections.
- Actively contribute to coordination of potential expansion plans.
- Assist with filing of annual census data for Department of Commerce and US Census Bureau. Work on licensing renewals including business and local licensing.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly Sarbanes-Oxley key controls related to hire-to-pay process including provide accurate monthly FTE reports to SOX ITGC program admin, provide Finance monthly validation of bonus and salary amounts within payroll system, upload key control support documents in SOX repository including certifying controls are completed, provide monthly and quarterly reporting of new hires and terminations.
- General administrative support, as needed, may include scanning, filing, organizing, file maintenance.
- Process Personnel Action Forms (PAFs) for any changes to employee records in payroll system. Obtain necessary approvals and process timely updates to employee payroll information including new employee set up, employee status changes, terminations, LOAs, FSA, HSA, 401K, dependent, demographic updates, W4 updates.
- Act as main administrator for company’s project time tracking system, R&D time, ensuring periods are open and closed accordingly as well as communicating monthly, quarterly results to Finance for allocation purposes.
- Send new option grants to employees for execution including collecting counter signed documents and uploading to finance shared drive. Provide new hire demographic information to stock plan administrator.
- Facilitate the onboarding process including employee setup notification, sending a welcome package to the employee, preparing the workspace for new hires, compiling new hire materials, scheduling new employee orientation, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree with office management experience, human resources and finance support a plus
- Ability to proactively identify and propose solutions to problems
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Word and Excel programs is essential
- Demonstrated skills in Catalyst’s Core Competencies:
- Drive, Intensity, Enthusiasm
- Goal Orientation/Commitment to Task/Follow-up
- Attention to Quality & Detail
- Decision Making & Problem Solving