Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Protein Sciences
Ambrx, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company with a mission to deliver breakthrough protein therapeutics. Ambrx is based on a fundamental advance in protein biosynthesis that enables the company to genetically engineer proteins with new amino acid building blocks beyond the common twenty, enabling the biosynthesis of proteins with new physical, chemical and pharmacological properties. At Ambrx, we are dedicated to assembling and developing an exceptional team and a breakthrough technology to create the next generation of protein-based medicines
Description: We are seeking an independent, organized, and energetic Purification and Bioconjugation Development Associate to be a key member of a dynamic fast-paced research and development organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing purification and conjugation processes for therapeutic proteins, producing proteins to support lead generation/optimization and preclinical studies, and writing development reports, protocols, and batch records. Participation in technology transfer may also be required. This scientist will demonstrate strong scientific/technical and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively.
- B.S. or M.S. in biochemistry or related field with 2-4+ yrs industrial experience in protein purification, bioconjugation, and process development
- Experience in various protein separation and purification techniques including clarification, column chromatography, and filtration
- Record of success in developing protein purification processes
- Experience in purification process scale-up and technology transfer to contract manufacturing organizations is a plus
- Experience in generating research scale protein candidates for screening in a medium to high throughput manner
- Expertise in multiple protein modification/conjugation techniques is a plus
- Familiarity with various protein characterization and quantification techniques and hands-on experience in protein analysis
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills
- Be able to communicate effectively with various functional areas in the company and with outside collaborators
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest and position code. Applicants whose qualifications and experience most closely match the requirements of the position will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions. Ambrx offers competitive compensation & benefits.