Sr. Associate Scientist, Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology
Other Locations:US- MA- Cambridge
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology Department at Celgene Cambridge is seeking a highly motivated Senior Associate Scientist to work on expression and purification of recombinant proteins and carry out biochemical and biophysical assays. The successful candidate should have a BS with at least 8 years or a MS degree with at least 6 years of industrial experience in biochemistry or a related field.
- Design and assemble vectors for recombinant protein expression
- Produce protein in E. coli, insect, and mammalian cells internally & by managing CROs
- Perform small to mid-scale protein purification internally
- Characterize basic biochemical and catalytic properties of recombinant proteins
- Develop, optimize, validate, trouble shoot & execute biochemical and biophysical assays to characterize small molecule inhibitors of drug target proteins
- Analyze and report results to the corporate database and project teams
- Broadly trained in molecular biology and biochemistry techniques
- Experience with the design of vectors appropriate for recombinant protein expression in E. coli, insect cells (utilizing baculoviral vectors), and mammalian cells
- Expertise in protein purification using FPLC and equivalent chromatography systems
- Hands on experience in plate-based biochemical and biophysical assays.
- A foundation in enzymology and enzyme kinetics & experience in analyzing enzyme kinetics and binding isotherms
- Ability to generate precise, reliable data and skillfully analyze the data essential
- Experience with surface plasmon resonance (SPR), lab automation and high-throughput screening a strong plus
- Function independently within project teams
- Reliably execute on team responsibilities in a timely manner
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Highly self-motivated & fueled by a fundamental interest in contributing to science in general, and drug discovery in particular
#LI-POSTCelgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.