Global Automation Senior Engineer (DeltaV, Siemens, Rockwell Automation, OSI PI)
The Global Engineering team is tasked with delivering complex projects and consistent solutions across the AbbVie network. The Global Automation Senior Engineer will be part of the Global Automation team reporting to the Global Automation Leader. The Global Automation team is responsible for developing standard solutions and providing reliable, safe, and efficient Automated Control Systems (ACS) within the Manufacturing and Engineering Services (MES) organization. The Global Automation team is responsible for supporting sites within the AbbVie network implement solutions on platforms such as DeltaV, Siemens, Rockwell Automation, OSI PI amongst others. As discipline expert the Global Automation Principal Engineer drives functional performance by developing innovative solutions that support growth and provide reliable, safe and efficient operations of AbbVie's Automated Control System assets. The Global Automation Principal Engineer will be responsible for designing and implementing technical solutions to help drive consistency and compliance and will work closely with Global Engineering and site-based automation groups to identify optimal automation solutions, support project implementation and ensure appropriate metrics and control mechanisms are in place to achieve sustainable growth. The Global Engineering Principal Engineer will be a self-motivated engineering professional who works with little or no supervision and supports an inclusive performance based culture. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Engages and collaborate with Global Engineering and sites to lead and facilitate automation projects with a specific focus on solutions that and implemented in a consistent manner and support performance improvements, sustainable growth and enhance safety and compliance.
- Acts as the Automation representative on Global Engineering projects and provides the necessary skills and experience to ensure the Automation solution aligns with the overall aims and objective of Global Automation.
- Participates in and leads Automation Community of Practice (aCOP) initiatives to develop Automation standards, best practices and set performance expectations.
- Establishes themselves within the AbbVie MES community as an Automation Subject Matter Expert (SME) and technical leader and provides Automation support and expertise to the sites.
- Ensures Automation projects comply with applicable corporate policies and procedures and business KPI's including but not limited to schedules, budgets and quality requirements are achieved.
- Provides support to site Automation teams to address technical queries and help drive consistent practices and support roll out of standard solutions.
- Participates on cross functional teams as the Automation SME.
- Provides training and helps develop technical skills with the site automation teams
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, science, or closely related discipline is desired, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence, with a desired 10+ years of significant engineering and/or operational experience.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical sector
- Extensive experience with Automated Controls Systems including DCS, PLC's, SCADA, Historian, Batch Control, S95, etc.
- Good understanding of instrumentation
- Excellent communication skills
Job Skills/ Experience Required
- Is seen as a technical leader and has demonstrated expertise in the area of Automation and Control.
- Interacts well with cross functional groups and builds strong working relationships with internal and external influencers
- Possesses good presentation and communications skills with the ability to articulate complex technical problems to non-engineering groups
- Has experience delivering Automated Control System projects in the Life Sciences sector
- Demonstrable experience participating in technical teams, preparing technical reports and make recommendations even with limited available information.
- Possesses strong technical knowledge and is capable of working on complex issues and analysing large volumes of data
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled