Senior Scientist III, DMPK
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
To learn more about us, please visit us at http://www.pharmacyclics.com/
General Position Summary / Purpose:
Our Pharmacology group in Sunnyvale CA has an opening for a motivated individual who dedicated to the discovery and development of innovative small molecular therapeutics. The individual will direct research and/or project activities within the Discovery department. Independently conceive, execute and communicate novel multi-disciplinary research or development strategies that achieve project and area goals. Serve as a lead scientist on his/her own project and contribute scientific insights into multiple other projects.Key Accountabilities / Core Job Responsibilities:
- Designs and executes/conducts in vivo efficacy studies (xenograft, syngeneic, and GEMMs) aimed at drug discovery in the field of BTK signaling, apoptosis and immuno-oncology.
- Designs and implement in vivo PD assays for compound profiling.
- Investigates the translational value of new or advanced cancer models in vitro and in vivo.
- Maintains a high level of productivity in the lab and perform experiments in vivo.
- Presents research findings to project teams and governance bodies and prepare technical reports.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- PhD with typically 8+ years of experience in Oncology, Immunology or Pharmacology.
- Deep understanding and expertise in tumor biology and molecular biology with a strong in vivo background is essential.
- Proven expertise in cancer research and drug discovery/development.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a principle investigator, generating original technical ideas and research or development strategies
- Ability to multitask and work within timelines.
- Experienced and demonstrated success as primary author of publications, presentations, and/or primary inventor of patents.
- Independently responsible for project science on one or more project teams.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials, controlled drug, GxP compliance, and animal care where applicable.