Scientist Position, Virologist or Molecular Biologist
Refuge Biotechnologies is an innovative company focused on gene editing and genetic engineering of T cells for cancer immunotherapy. Our proprietary platform connects cell membrane receptors to CRISPR a/i systems, creating a genetically programmable switch that can control multiple gene expressions, which allows us to develop therapeutic cells that are programmed to make decisions inside the patient’s body. Please visit http://refugebiotech.com/ for more details. We have an open scientist position for a highly motivated individual to join a dynamic team to develop innovative treatments for cancer patients. The responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, optimizing lentiviral/retroviral transgene-expressing vector system for efficient packaging and production as well as the subsequent transduction process to support our CAR-T cell engineering process. The positions require adaptability, creativity, and a capacity for constant innovation in pursuit of company goals. The environment is exciting and fast-paced, and offers the opportunity to work and publish at the cutting edge of cellular engineering research. Ideal candidates will have relevant experiences/technical skills and a good understanding of the underline mechanisms. Strong attention to detail and an adept ability to communicate and work with a diversified team are required.
- Design, generate, and test modified lentiviral/retroviral transgene constructs.
- Produce and measure titer of recombinant lenti/retroviruses.
- Optimize large-scale T cell transduction process.
- Maintain timely documentation of laboratory work.
- Write and present experimental protocols, reports, and summaries.
- PhD in virology, molecular biology, immunology, or a related discipline.
- Extensive experience with lentiviral/retroviral vector system.
- Skillful in molecular biology techniques and mammalian cell culture and manipulations.
- Detail-orientated, organized, keep good notes in a lab notebook.
- Strong scheduling and time management skills with the capacity to work on several projects in parallel.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to write reports & protocols, work in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and/or related software suites and the ability to work with a team are essential.
- Strong sense of responsibility, accountability, and integrity.
Refuge Biotechnologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and comprehensive package, including medical, dental and vision care, paid vacation and holiday time. Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience. If interested, please send your resume and a cover letter to HR@refugebiotech.com. Please specify which position you are applying in the cover letter.