Medicinal Chemistry Senior Scientist, or Associate Director
Carmot Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotechnology company headquartered in Berkeley, California. We are focused on the discovery and development of novel drugs for the treatment of metabolic diseases, cancer, and inflammation. Carmot is applying an innovative technology, Chemotype Evolution, to overcome the limitations of conventional discovery technologies and identify superior drug candidates for challenging therapeutic targets. With multiple discovery programs and partnerships, Carmot is seeking a creative and accomplished researcher to join the Chemistry team.
In this research position you will play a leading role in discovering and advancing compounds for the treatment of major human diseases. Your job will be to advance lead compounds generated through Chemotype Evolution to clinical candidates. You should have a passion for medicinal chemistry and enjoy and excel at making molecules using modern methods of organic synthesis. Experience with peptides or peptidomimetics is a plus but not essential. You will be working closely with other scientists as part of a multidisciplinary team and will have to integrate diverse chemical and biological data to accelerate lead optimization. You will be working in a fast-paced environment and must be motivated by novel challenges and dedicated to discovering innovative drugs.
- Medicinal chemistry optimization of early leads to candidate selection
- Design and execute optimization strategies to meet rigorous timelines
- Contribute to departmental strategies as a member of the chemistry team
- Presentation of research programs at team meetings, company meetings, and communication with external advisors
Required experience and skills:
- PhD in Chemistry with 10+ years of medicinal chemistry industry experience
- Demonstrated track record of advancing leads to IND candidates and expertise in solving DMPK-ADME liabilities
- Superb analytical skills and expertise in compound synthesis and characterization
- Strong passion for drug discovery
- Excellent data analysis skills and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated research productivity by a track record of publications, patents and success in industry
Carmot offers competitive salary, participation in our stock option plan, and comprehensive benefits. This position is located at our Berkeley site. To apply, please forward your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Chem 182” in the subject line. Carmot is an equal opportunity employer.