Associate Program Manager, Publications
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
To learn more about us, please visit us at http://www.pharmacyclics.com/
Pharmacyclics is seeking an
Associate Program Manager
Within the Medical Affairs department, this position is responsible for publication planning activities. Key functions include managing publication planning meetings both internally and globally with partner, coordinate publication development activities for Pharmacyclics sponsored clinical trials in collaboration with projects' assigned Publication Lead, and managing activities and process relating to Publications within Datavision, a publication development tool. Effective communication and collaboration both cross-functionally within the organization and with external partners are critical components of this role.
- Manage and coordinate publication planning efforts for both internal and global publication team meetings (agenda, calendar invites, slides, meeting summaries)
- Manage the review of proposed publications (share, update, finalize, archive) and communication decisions
- Responsible for the updating the publication plan on a weekly basis and the overall publications by histology deck each quarter
- Coordinate publication development activities for Pharmacyclics sponsored clinical trials in collaboration with projects' assigned Publication Lead including
- Development of project needs assessments and timelines
- Maintaining project status and stage using project tracking and dashboard tools
- Vendor dispatch of projects for internal and external author invitations, review and approval
- Confirmation of compliance monitoring
- Packaging of relevant data
- Facilitate the on-line activities associated with publications (Data Vision).
- Coordinate the review of internally and externally generated publications
- Monitor and track the progress of Publication reviews
- Work closely with the review team to ensure adherence to all internal processes.
- Responsible for reviewing online submissions of concepts for completeness; communicating needs for additional information to complete the submission process.
- Identify process and documentation related issues, as appropriate
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to problem solve and delegate appropriate tasks to collaborators and follow-up as needed to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, adaptable to a dynamic environment
- Able to collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members, and external partners
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Datavision publication management software proficiency (desired skill)
- Scientific acumen (desired skill)
- Experience in program management preferred
- BA/BS in a scientific discipline or similar experience