Manager, Financial Reporting & Controls
Molecular Templates (MTEM) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of a next generation immunotoxin platform technology called Engineered Toxin Bodies (ETB) in oncology. MTEM's lead program, MT-3724, is in clinical development for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and additional pipeline drug candidates are being advanced toward clinical development for a variety of cancers. For more information, please visit MTEM's website at www.mtem.com.
Molecular Templates is seeking a highly-skilled and highly-motivated professional to lead financial reporting efforts. The Manager of Financial Reporting and Controls will be primarily responsible for preparation and review of all external reporting-related SEC filings, analysis and evaluation of accounting issues and financial transactions for compliance, implementation and oversight of SOX compliance, and ensuring internal controls over financial reporting. Additionally, this position will administer all aspects of the equity plan for employees, plus make recommendations for continuous process improvements. Qualified candidates will possess comprehensive knowledge of SEC reporting requirements and SOX internal control, disclosure control, and reporting requirements, plus excellent communication, strategic and problem-solving, project management, organizational and prioritization skills.
Job Responsibilities may include:
- Assist with the preparation and review of all external reporting-related SEC filings, including quarterly and annual filings and proxy statements
- Independently analyze and evaluate accounting issues and financial transactions for compliance with applicable accounting rules and SEC regulations and assist with the implementation of new accounting pronouncements and/or interpretations thereof
- Participate in account-level preparation and reconciliation and/or review within areas of greater accounting or regulatory complexity
- Serve as liaison on accounting and reporting matters to functions and divisions outside the corporate Accounting and Reporting organization, including international subsidiaries and the corporate Tax and Investor Relations groups
- Author technical accounting memoranda regarding changes in or application of guidance and treatment of transactions
- Lead implementation and oversight of SOX compliance, including managing external accounting firm assisting with management testing
- Ensure internal controls over financial reporting are effectively designed and executed
- Proactively and frequently interact with corporate Accounting team members to evaluate accounting issues and information related to periodic financial closings
- Proactively interact with Investor Relations, Legal, FP&A, and Tax team members to evaluate information related to periodic public filings
- Make recommendations for continuous process improvements to maximize efficiency in financial reporting and operations
- Administer all aspects of the company's equity plan for employees (including grants, exercises, forfeitures, etc.), ensuring that all transactions are correctly and accurately processed in a timely manner
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance-related major
- 5+ years of relevant experience in public accounting and/or public company experience
- CPA required
- Accelerated filer, or large accelerated filer, reporting experience preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of SEC reporting requirements and GAAP, plus equity and tax accounting
- Firm understanding of SOX internal control, disclosure control, and reporting requirements
- Proven track record of liaising across functions, departments, and cultures in an effective and professional manner
- Proficient in use of advanced Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent strategic and problem-solving to effectively influence decision-making in key negotiations
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills
- Strong leadership skills with ability to drive and motivate team to achieve results
- Proven ability to work independently and provide thought-leadership to project management and identify quality solutions
- Ability to prioritize tasks for self and team to meet requirements and deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive and high-volume environment
- Ability to effectively identify key contacts for follow-up and communicate project status to team and cross-functionally to ensure understanding and timeliness
Molecular Templates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salaries and benefits.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.