Senior Research Associate, Molecular & Cell Biology
We are seeking an energetic, self-motivated, collaborative Senior Research Associate to join our newly formed research group dedicated to the discovery and development of novel oncology therapeutics. The position initially will primarily support cell biology with occasional support of protein engineering, production, antibody conjugation and analytic functions as needed. This is an exciting opportunity contribute to the foundational science and culture of a biotech start-up backed by an experienced management team. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in one or more areas of responsibility listed below, the willingness and drive to learn new technical skills, solid critical thinking and troubleshooting skills and the desire to witness and drive the growth of a new company from the ground up. Title, compensation and scope of duties will be tailored to the successful candidate’s experience.
- Design and execution of in vitro biochemical and cell-based assays characterizing early stage antibody drug conjugate oncology therapeutic candidates
- Novel assay development and refinement
- Data analysis and interpretation using standard methods and software (e.g. Prism, FlowJo, etc.)
- Work independently and collaboratively in a small team environment
- Mammalian cancer cell line cataloging and maintenance
- Laboratory equipment acquisition and maintenance
Responsibilities may also include
- Creation of novel engineered cancer cell lines using genome modification (CRISPR/Cas9) techniques
- Transfection & production of antibodies and other proteins from mammalian cells
- Protein purification by chromatography – affinity, IEX, SEC.
- Protein characterization (affinity determination, competitive binding assays, epitope determination) by plate-based methods (ELISA)
- Protein conjugation chemistry and QC
- BS in cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology or related science with 4+ years or MSc with 2+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture, cell-based flow cytometry and cytotoxicity assays and in vitro molecular biology assays
- Experience with CRISPR/Cas9 cell line engineering highly desirable
- Experience with transient mammalian (CHO and HEK) antibody or other protein expression a plus.
- Experience with protein purification and QC (SDS-PAGE, SEC, endotoxin assays) a plus.
- Excellent documentation, organizational skills and teamwork/communication skills are required.