Sr Manager, Market Access Excellence
The pricing, reimbursement and access landscape is rapidly evolving and the role of the payer is growing significantly around the world. Advances in scientific and technological research are opening up new, promising treatments for previously difficult to treat diseases, increasing the demand on already constrained healthcare budgets. To succeed in this environment, the Global Market Access & Pricing (GMAP) Organization at AbbVie is building best-in-class pricing and market access capabilities with the overall objective to drive remarkable impact by achieving timely access for patients with optimal price, time to reimbursement and level of access. Position: This role reports into the Director, Market Access Capabilities. The Sr. Manager, Market Access Excellence will drive excellence in pricing and market access through process, systems and governance. This position will lead the design, architecture and implementation of core market access processes and systems that support continued capability development. The incumbent will lead planning and implementation of pricing and market access processes and systems globally and facilitate best practice sharing. Key responsibilities include:
- Lead on design, architecture and implementation of core market access processes, systems, and tools including the project management and training of the processes to further build market access capabilities.
- Develop and maintain market access functional plans aligned to AbbVie's Brand Excellence Framework which prepares teams to confidently sit at the Brand Team table and effectively deliver the Access Stakeholder perspective.
- Drive the creation and maintenance of early HTA and Early Payer Engagement processes, tools, and systems that are aligned cross-functionally and cross-therapeutic areas (TA) between Market Access, HEOR, and Medical.
- Lead the development of processes, tools, and systems around shaping Health Policy from the Global, Area, and Affiliate perspective and across all therapeutic areas in close collaboration with Government Affairs and Public Communications.
- Partner with Patient Innovation and Global Market Access Therapeutic Area Leads to develop policy and governance in Digital Health initiatives impacting Market Access.
- Facilitate sharing of best practices and cross-TA sharing within Global Market Access and amongst Areas/Affiliates across the globe
- Works closely and collaboratively with Customer Excellence to implement initiatives impacted Market Access across the globe and drive core Market Access processes across the globe.
- Maintain and deliver improvements to the Gap Assessment and Integrated Evidence Planning process, including gathering feedback, delivering training, and developing tools and resources.
Work in collaboration with Global Market Access, Global Marketing and Commercial Operations, Global Commercial Development, Global Pharmaceutical Research & Development, Government Affairs, HEOR, Managed Healthcare, Areas/Affiliates market access, and other functions to raise awareness of and educate the organization