Standards Lab Technician I
Standards Lab Technician I will be responsible for the calibration of multi- discipline field standards from our AbbVie internal customers. These highly accurate calibrations will be performed with traceable standards to NIST and/or other NMI governing bodies. This is a highly technical role that requires exceptional skills in the calibration, repair and troubleshooting applied to field standards and other complex lab instruments. Candidate must demonstrates expert knowledge of multi-discipline instrumentation as it relates to the pharmaceutical industry. Responsibilities:
- Completes calibrations and qualifications in a safe, timely and accurate manner, following Abbvie specific policies and procedures.
- Responsible for proper handling and maintenance of and customer equipment, including testing and standards equipment.
- Identifies project supply and equipment needs and conveys to the appropriate resource to ensure availability.
- Works to understand the customer's needs and requirements through effective communication and develops customers relationships through excellent customer support
- Ensures customers' requests are conveyed to the appropriate management resource and met in accordance with management direction
- Works completing calibration and maintenance events an average 90 to 95% of the time
- Completes work orders assigned daily with accurate labor and expense codes
- Maintains a neat and professional work area and projects a professional image at all times
- Always considers safety when executing tasks and projects. Ensures that work areas are safe, neatly organized and professional lab.
- Develops equipment test plans and measurement data templates in accordance with SOPs
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by management
- The ability to mentor other junior level technicians in the calibration disciplines.
- High School diploma or GED required. Associates Degree in electronics technology or equivalent is strongly desired.
- A Minimum of 4 years' experience as a Senior Instrument Technician or the equivalent.
- Must manage activities to meet restrictive timelines. Must have skills in working with people, with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess knowledge of validated systems, applicable engineering standards and an ability to work with facility specific software applications is critical to the job function.
- Ability to work within and promote a team environment.