Performance Management Lead
The Performance Management Lead will develop, drive, and implement a broad range of leadership and team optimization initiatives for Amgen's Global Product Teams and will be based out of our global headquarters in Thousand Oaks, CA, reporting to the Director of Commercialization. Commercialization is Amgen's process for Drug Development.
Amgen discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen was one of the first companies to realize the new science's promise by bringing safe, effective medicines from lab, to manufacturing plant, to patient. Amgen therapeutics have changed the practice of medicine, helping millions of people around the world in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and other serious illnesses. With a deep and broad pipeline of potential new medicines, Amgen remains committed to advancing science to dramatically improve people's lives.
The Performance Management Lead, also known as a Senior Project Manager, will build trust-based partnerships with Global Product General Managers (GPGM) to ensure their teams are developing cross-functionally, globally-integrated strategies and enabling portfolio value maximization. The Incumbent will excel at working in a matrixed organization, possess strategic thinking skills and sound project management skills to develop and implement key programs including an Executive Leader Program, Mentoring Program, and Team Optimization Program.
The Performance Management Lead will partner closely with Human Resources, Learning & Performance, Strategy Commercialization and Innovation Program Managers, and directly with the Global Product General Managers.
Responsibilities of the Performance Management Lead include:
- Leads team effectiveness and optimization programs
- Partners with cross-functional leaders to identify process interdependencies and solutions
- Leads and facilitates knowledge sharing workshops with cross-functional product leaders
- Partners with Learning & Performance to design and deliver training solutions for executive stakeholders
- Conducts business management, project management and capability assessments
- Leads GPGM leadership forums, GPGM performance management, GPGM organizational effectiveness, and onboarding
- Provides project leadership for planning and delivering Team Optimization projects and partnering with Learning & Performance on associated learning solutions
- Creates and implements stakeholder engagement plans
- Conducts root cause analyses to ensure deep understanding of challenges and opportunities
- Establishes success metrics and leading indicators to monitor process effectiveness
- Identifies project issues or resource gaps and facilitating resolution
- Reinforces proper decision making according to Amgen's Decision-Making Framework
- Champions and drives change
- Facilitates workshops with senior leadership audiences
- Builds high-preforming cross-functional teams
- Influences peers and senior leaders
- Manages complex, cross-functional projects
- Integrates multiple points of view into a shared solution
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Performance Management and/or Training and/or Organizational Development experience
Master's degree and 4 years of Performance Management and/or Training and/or Organizational Development experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of Performance Management and/or Training and/or Organizational Development experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of Performance Management and/or Training and/or Organizational Development experience
High School diploma / GED and 12 years of Performance Management and/or Training and/or Organizational Development experience
- 8 years' experience of performance and/or talent management and/or organizational development experience
- Demonstrated experience coaching executive-level clients
- Direct experience on a Global Team or Regional / Local Brand Teams
- Direct experience with developing product strategies, regional brand plans, or product execution plans
- Informed with current biopharmaceutical industry knowledge, news and trends and able to apply to programs
- Independent, motivated, team member with experience in a matrix environment.
- Communicate effectively
- Experience with project leadership in addition to strong project management skills
- Adapting and thriving in a changing environment
- Comfortable with ambiguous work assignments and experience managing change in a complex, matrix organization
- Able to foster trusted relationships with key partners including global & regional program management, product teams, and franchise strategy committees
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.