A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your role: The Principal Scientist will be responsible leading a team of scientists and provide core support to manufacturing sites globally. The position will be responsible for bench scale evaluation of medium formulation including cell culture medium, buffers and supplements.. The position will report to the Head of Cell Culture Raw Materials within the Upstream R&D department
Essential Job Functions
- Leads a team of scientists to develop instructions for successful manufacture of cell culture medium, supplements and buffers.
- Executes process improvement projects to increase manufacturing efficiency.
- Develops and validates appropriate analytics to study cell culture solution chemistry
- Works with various internal departments to support manufacturing sciences.
- Demonstrates potential for technical proficiency and scientific creativity
Who you are:
- A PhD in chemistry or related field with 5 plus years of industry experience.
- Thorough knowledge of bioprocessing industry.
- 2 plus years of experience in leading teams.
- Demonstration of scientific writing through peer reviewed journal articles. This is desired as the person will be establishing method protocols generating reports.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills. This is a very critical requirement.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.