Sr. Director/Vice President, Operations
Aziyo Biologics, Inc. was formed by HighCape Partners and Tissue Banks International, with the mission of restoring health and mobility to the greatest number of patients. Our vision is to impact healthcare through innovation of new solutions that expand the possibilities of regenerative medicine. We partner with our clients to develop and deliver customized tissue products for use in orthopedic, spinal, sports medicine and dermal applications. For more information please visit aziyobio.com.
This position is a key member of the Aziyo Biologics team and as such is involved in executing the Company’s short- term goals and objectives as it relates to operations.
This position has overall responsibility for oversight of the operations for the processing of high quality allografts, human tissue for transplantation, and the general facility. The allografts are used in medical and surgical procedures to help physicians and their patients address various medical conditions. This positions is a key leader of the process to ensure each donor’s Gift is honored by the highest level of performance and seeking continual improvement opportunities to optimize its usage.
Position reports to General Manager, Strategic Tissue Partnerships
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads all day-to-day musculoskeletal processing operations. Ensures plans and resources (people, facilities, supplies etc.) are efficiently utilized to ensure allografts are produced in a timely manner to meet sales goals.
- Build a cohesive, high performing team in Richmond, CA.
- Launch new products and line extensions in concert with R & D.
- Production planning.
- Facility and equipment maintenance.
- Facility safety.
- Strategic operational planning and resource allocation.
- Data analysis, budgeting and forecasts.
- Cost evaluation and improvement.
- Process metrics and operational improvement.
- Communication of operational objectives to the organization and ensure alignment.
- Build highly effective team committed to the mission of the company.
- Set operational and / or performance goals for departments and reports.
- Establish and monitor performance reporting systems. Monitor department performance against performance goals to ensure that organization goals are being met.
- Contributes to developing and establishing organizational and company policies.
- Communicates information across departments to mitigate risk, address problems and develop solutions to meet organizational goals.
- Supports compliance with all applicable regulations and standards.
- Bachelor’s of Science degree, preferably in Biological and/or Life Sciences field.
Experience and Skills:
- 10-15 years of leadership experience in operations in a regulated environment. cGMP or cGTP experience preferred.
- Superior track record of execution at the highest level and increasing responsibility.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a PnL.
- Manage competing priorities to meet department and organizational targets and timelines.
- Collaboratively work with a team and with other departments.
- Possess strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Work well under pressure with strict deadlines.
- Maintenance of the confidentiality of all records and information.