Research Associate - Nonclinical Safety
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a private biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a pipeline of six drug candidates in various stages of development, including NGM282 that recently demonstrated proof-of-concept in a Phase 2 study in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). We have many more in preclinical development. In 2015, we entered into a broad, strategic collaboration with Merck that will provide us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
The Nonclinical Development group at NGM is seeking a highly motivated and creative Research Associate to expand our in-house research capabilities. This is a highly dynamic role with responsibility to support programs across NGM’s research and development portfolio. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated team player with a desire to significantly contribute to the advancement of human health, who is detail-oriented and has strong documentation and organizational skills.
- Ability to conduct in vivo preclinical studies in rodent models
- Ability to perform techniques for in vivo mouse and/or rat studies, including dosing, evaluation of clinical signs, necropsy and tissue collection
- Detail-oriented with strong documentation and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively and develop relationships with key stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills
- BS or MS degree in life sciences
- 1-2+ years of relevant experience performing in vivo studies in an academic, contract research organization or pharmaceutical industry setting
- Proven ability to efficiently execute in vivo experiments in rodents
- Competency with in vivo experimental techniques in rodents, including animal handling and dosing, clinical observations and necropsy
- Experience using data analysis and visualization software such as Excel, JMP and GraphPad Prism
- Proven ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Experience in general cellular and molecular biology techniques and tissue culture a plus, but not required
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should click "Apply now"