Senior Administrative Assistant, Pharmacovigilance Operations
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
To learn more about us, please visit us at http://www.pharmacyclics.com/
This position primarily supports multiple leaders and members of the Pharmacovigilance Operations department.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Coordinate calendars and schedules appointments, ensuring all parties are informed of and kept abreast of schedule awareness.
- Make travel arrangements, prepare expense reports, prepare/edit presentations, letters, spread sheets, and reports, managing projects,
- Manage PCYC document control process with new or revised procedures, ensuring document control and training requirements are fulfilled.
- Support inspection readiness activities as needed.
- Manage budget and payroll activities; liaising with Global Medical Safety and Finance as needed.
- Coordinate meetings or events including but not limited to preparing and distributing agendas and other meeting materials, reserving and preparing facilities, making arrangements for catering needs and recording and transcribing meeting minutes.
- Coordinate with hiring managers and HR on recruiting activities
- Submit contracts/agreements in the Contract system and follows up through completion on a timely basis.
- Assist with onboarding activities of newly hired Department personnel; liaise with IT and Facilities to support the department.
- Act as key point of contact and admin representative for other admin assistants and their respective teams
- This role may involve contact with confidential materials and information and requires proper handling without breach of confidentiality.
- Exercise considerable judgment and discretion in handling requests for appointments and telephone calls.
- Proactively establish and maintain highly organized filing system; file correspondence and other records.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient on Microsoft Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outloo
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Biotech/Pharmaceutical experience is desired.
- 3-5 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Education Requirements (degree, certifications, etc.):
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent work experience.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.