Pionyr Immuntherapeutics based in the San Francisco Bay area, is developing cancer immunotherapies that target the tumor microenvironment to enhance the body’s antitumor immunity. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Executive Assistant to join our growing team in supporting the company’s CEO and other members of the Executive Team. This role provides a great opportunity for an experience administrative professional to contribute and partner with Pionyr’s incredible executive team in building the company’s administrative processes and infrastructure. The successful candidate has demonstrated success working with both the executive management team and all functional departments in a growing biotech company environment.
Specific Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage scheduling of meetings and appointments for CEO; may maintain individual calendars for members of the senior management team.
- Arrange domestic and international travel, including air and ground transportation, hotel reservations, out of town dining, and car rentals, prepare itineraries and identify cost-efficient travel options; may act as point of contact with external travel partners (agency, airlines, frequent travel programs, etc.)
- Be a host and a central resource for visitors, Board members, employment candidates and employees.
- Office management and administrative support, including answering telephones, welcoming guests, accepting deliveries, managing mail, ordering and picking up food for company meetings, stocking the kitchen, general office supplies and company informational materials and any ad-hoc duties that relate to ensuring smooth office operations.
- Maintain an office environment that is productive and welcoming including setting up systems that promote streamlined office administration activities
- Prepare business correspondence (using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation computer software) including the creation of templates for company memos, letterhead, SOP documentation, Board books, contract tracking, etc.; Aid in the preparation of materials and agendas for advisory and external meetings.
- Categorize expenses, reconcile charges against firm’s monthly credit card statement and process executive team’s expense reports.
- Coordinate execution of company agreements (NDA, CDA, consulting/advisory board agreements) to include obtaining appropriate executive level signatures, logging, tracking and storing on Company’s Cloud internet storage
- Coordinate special meetings, events and functions in and out of the office; book conference and seminar attendance for staff.
- Achieve and maintain high quality in work, external party relations and team relations.
- Provide responsive, accurate, and approachable operational and administrative support
- Consistently meet deadlines, while maintaining high quality work in a professional and team-oriented manner.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work in a small company environment; 8+ years administrative experience supporting executive level roles including CEO; experience working within the life sciences industry a plus
- Analytical and decision-making skills; interpersonal, communication, time management and organizational skills critical
- Ability to independently integrate, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and work in a team based environment required
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Cloud based storage platforms as well as calendaring programs and database applications required
- Ability to self manage, set priorities and boundaries while consistently meeting deadlines and delivering high quality work product
- Strong knowledge of office administration practices with proven experience developing and implementing associated processes
- Professional and personal demeanor; able to effectively develop and maintain positive working relationship with colleagues and external parties
- Knowledge of basic accounting skills and accounting software not required but a plus
- Ability to build successful partnerships and relationships with external vendors
- Proven ability to exercise discretion and sound judgment; maintain confidentiality and demonstrate impeccable attention to detail
- Dependable, punctual, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
Pionyr offers a team based, collaborative work environment and offers employees competitive benefits and compensation programs.. Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org