Junior/Assistant/Associate/Full Specialist (Protein Chemist)
The UCSF Antibiome Center is part of the Recombinant Antibody Network (RAN), which is a
collaborative consortium consisting of laboratories at the University of California San Francisco, University of Chicago, and the University of Toronto. The Antibiome and RAN are committed to develop renewable antibody reagents for use as both research tools and bio-therapeutics to extracellular proteins in the fields of immunology and oncology and beyond. The successful highly motivated, creative, and collaborative candidate will join the antibody discovery team and will be instrumental in enhancing the current pipeline capabilities and will help develop new and exciting technologies and antibody reagents.
• BA/BS degree (or equivalent) in relevant life sciences field and at least two years of
experience in the relevant specialization
• Experience in structural biology, protein biophysical methods and/or protein chemistry
• Interest and experience working in a team research environment
• Strong written and communication skills
• MS or PhD degree (or equivalent) in life sciences or related field
• Experience with antibody/protein engineering or antibody phage display
• Expertise in assay development and process optimization (in particular high throughput protein
expression/purification methods and protein characterization)
• Experience maintaining and repairing protein purification and analysis instruments, e.g.,
FPLC, OctetRED 384, ELISA plate washers and plate readers
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment of diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. Applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae. Please apply online and submit these documents along with the contact information for three references to: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01400.