Scientist, Immune Monitoring & Biomarker Development
Summary & Scope of Position:
The Immune Monitoring and Biomarker Development Team at Aduro Biotech in Berkeley is seeking a highly motivated, independent, and skilled bench immunologist to help evaluate the immune response of subjects enrolled in Phase I-II immuno-oncology trials. The scientist in this position will be responsible for leading laboratory efforts to support clinical trial projects and must possess significant experience in designing and executing complex analysis of primary tissues and functional analyses of immune cells. This position requires established expertise in cell culture, multi-color flow cytometry, and functional assays using primary human cells.
The ideal candidate will be a functional area expert with demonstrated skills, independent critical thinking, theoretical knowledge and experience to apply scientific direction and approach to projects and problems. This role requires excellent oral and written communication skills, demonstrated project management skills, the capacity to work independently and as part of a team, and the ability to contribute to multiple projects simultaneously.
- Lead project assay development and testing
- Perform routine immune assays and assay optimization using human biological samples (serum, tissue, PBMC)
- Perform data analysis
- Provide guidance and supervision to RAs
- Participate in cross-functional project teams
- PhD in Immune Cell Biology (such as NK Cell, T Cell), Immunology, Translational Science, Oncology, or related field
- Minimum of 2 - 5 years post-doctoral research experience in a research and/or development environment and a record of outstanding research
- Excellent problem-solving skills, applying scientific methods to resolution
- Extensive background in human immunology and related assays, preferable cellular immunology. Extensive experience in the isolation and characterization of primary human immune cells and tissues utilizing a wide range of immunological techniques to support functional analysis (proliferation, cytokine secretion, cell activation markers, cell activation marker analysis).
- Advanced multi-parameter flow cytometry skills are required, including panel design and validation and the ability to design, execute, and interpret experiments examining immune cell subsets
- Self-motivated, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and ability to adapt to changing priorities and to accept responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and data analysis software. Familiarity with GraphPad Prism a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Availability for occasional weekend work