Scientist - Pharmaceutical Development
BiopharmX, located in the San Francisco Bay Area, is seeking a scientist with exceptional scientific curiosity, critical thinking, and self-motivation to join its Pharmaceutical Development team.
The position’s primary focus is to provide technical know-how in the design and planning of pharmaceutical activities to support formulation development activities. The position is expected to lead the generation of new protocols. The candidate must be experienced with the applications of technical principles, ability to draft scientific reports, and knowledgeable in the use of lab instruments and equipment. The candidate will occasionally work with contract organizations.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Execute the development and screening of early formulations, develop needed HPLC methods, and prepare formulation for nonclinical dermal studies
- Experience in pharmaceutical formulation development, analytical chemistry and CMC experience
- Knowledge and experience in the development and validation of small molecule analytical methods
- Screening and evaluating drug product candidates
- Good laboratory and hands-on laboratory skills
- Work closely with other R &D teams, actively supporting testing of new drug formulation and new projects at various stages of development, and meeting project timelines and goals.
- Knowledgeable in recent advances of formulation and delivery technologies.
- Application of biopharmaceutics principles and clinical PK data towards formulation development and optimization
- Provide internal expertise to understand and optimize the predictive value of developing new formulations
- Understanding and applying GLP regulations
- Developing, validating, and writing SOPs
- Organizing data, maintaining records, and communicating results
- Ph.D. pharmaceutics, chemistry, pharmaceutical chemistry, or related discipline
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in academics or industry