Scientist / Senior Scientist, antibody technology
About Alamar Biosciences, Inc.
Alamar Biosciences (ABIO) is a new Bay Area startup developing game changing antibody technologies for diagnosis and treatment of diseases at the earliest possible time. Founded by serial entrepreneurs with track record of successes, the company is looking for multiple energetic and highly productive scientists to join our fast-paced, goal-oriented team. This is an exceptional opportunity for those who enjoy building technology platform / company from ground zero and growing together with the company.
This position(s) will report directly to Founders (CEO and CTO) of ABIO. He/she will be a key contributor to the development and validation of the company’s founding technology platform. Responsibilities include:
- Make both hands-on and intellectual contribution to the development of company’s founding technology platform from antibody engineering prospective.
- Design, execute and manage research projects for developing and validating company’s technology platform with innovative approaches.
- Design, optimize and implement a wide-range of assays for antibody characterizations, including multiplex flow cytometry, immunoassays, cell-based assays and bioactive / functional assays.
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Cell Biology or related fields with strong experience and expert knowledge in protein structure/biology and antibody technology development
- Hands-on experiences with phage-display, yeast-display, and/or antibody engineering are required
- Hands-on experiences in characterizing ligand binding interactions using label free technologies such as KinExA, Biacore and ForteBio, and excellent analytic / bioanalytic skills, or alternatively, hands-on experiences in immunoassays, cell-based assays, functional assays and bioanalytic skills are required
- Expertise in general molecular biology and biochemical techniques including cloning, protein expression and purifications are required
- Comprehensive experiences in protein analytical techniques, including SDS-PAGE, HPLC, FPLC, Flow Cytometry, SPR, spectrophotometric analysis (UV, DLS, DSF, CD etc.) and epitope mapping are desirable
- Experiences with bi-specific antibody engineering and structural biology such as crystallography are desirable
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter with positive “can do” attitude
- Demonstrated scientific creativity, critical thinking, and analytical problem-solving skills with a track record of high-quality publications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can work independently and as a part of a team
Respond via email email@example.com