Molecular Biology Scientist
Paragon Genomics is a fast-growing life sciences company developing advanced reagents and assay kits for next-generation sequencing (NGS). We are seeking a Scientist in Molecular Biology to play an important role in the development of novel NGS target enrichment assay technologies and applications. This is a laboratory-based position with great career potential for a scientist with hands-on molecular biology experience in the next-generation sequencing space. The person should have strong wet-lab technical skills in NGS library preparation, target enrichment or molecular biology in general. He or she is driven by making great products, and enjoy working in a fast-paced and multi-disciplinary environment. This position will interact closely with colleagues in bioinformatics, applications, and manufacturing.
- Execute product development projects.
- Actively participate as a member of cross-functional product development teams.
- Write and review technical documents associated with assay development including SOPs, validation plans, presentations, and publications.
- Create customer-facing data and technical presentations.
- Interface with external partners or customers on various technical projects. Provide timely technical support to customers.
- Implement and ensure strict adherence to quality control and quality assurance measures of NGS assays. Ensure adherence to all regulatory guidelines.
Qualifications and Background
- Four-year degree in relevant field (e.g. Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry). Advanced degree (MS, PhD) preferred.
- Experience in NGS library technologies, NGS sequencing and data analysis on Illumina and Ion Torrent platforms.
- Strong molecular biology laboratory skills. Experience in multiplex PCR, sample preparation, ctDNA and/or dPCR/qPCR is highly valued.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Great communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task, perform under pressure and adapt to changes (e.g., priorities and timelines) and to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment.
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized and highly collaborative, and have the ability to work with and coordinate with members within the R&D team and with members outside of the R&D team.
- Good record-keeping and scientific writing skills.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Paragon Genomics Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Headquartered in Hayward, CA, Paragon Genomics is a fast-growing company developing and commercializing rapid and high-quality target enrichment solutions for Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS). We are building a team of best-in-class scientists, engineers and business professionals that thrive in a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment. Our patented CleanPlexTM technology solves the urgent throughput and efficiency bottlenecks of NGS target enrichment workflow and is applicable to many fast-growing markets in the genomics space. The Company was selected by a distinguished panel into the California Life Science Association F.A.S.T. Program in March 2016 and was accepted into the prestigious Stanford StartX Medicine Accelerator Program in September 2016.
Paragon Genomics offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical plans, dental insurance, vision, life insurance, paid vacation, and stock options.