Associate Clinical Vendor Alliance Manager
Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives
People come to Genentech from across disciplines and across the world to solve our most challenging medical conditions. You’ll find inspiration in our passion for biotechnology, our purpose to positively impact the lives of millions of patients and our dedication to our people. Joining Genentech means being part of a tradition of inquiry that will change the world. It means embracing our failures as much as our successes. It requires a willingness to look beyond the edge of what's possible. And a focus on doing the day-to-day work that makes great science happen.
The following opportunity exists in our South San Francisco, CA headquarters:
Associate Clinical Vendor Alliance Manager
The Associate Vendor Alliance Manager will play a key role in supporting relationships with gRED Clinical Operations vendors (CROs, Central Labs, imaging, etc.) to effect successful implementation of gRED trials. In collaboration with the gRED Clinical Operations program and study management (all TAs), data analytics, process and training, and Procurement Liaison, this position will play an active role in the analysis of operational capabilities and performance of vendors, help leadership define and implement sourcing strategies, and drive innovation. The Associate Vendor Alliance Manager will also support the development and implementation of best in class practices in all operational aspects of strategic sourcing.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assist in defining, developing, and implementing functional sourcing strategies determined by leadership.
- Work with the Vendor Operations team to manage vendor portfolio strategy.
- Support Vendor Governance Committees, maintaining documentation and ensuring clear communication pathway for vendors and internal teams.
- Assist in the identification and management of opportunities and issue trends that arise with vendors.
- Actively participate in the management of ongoing relationships with key partners (e.g. monitors vendors using fact based assessment & metrics) to drive and develop industry’s best practice, innovation, quality, and inform future outsourcing decisions.
- Lead the planning of assigned meetings with key vendors and Clinical Operations leadership team members.
- Ensure cross-fertilization of vendor knowledge and best practices across operational groups, Partner vendors, and across industry.
- Represent gRED Clinical Operations in cross-functional or cross-business unit vendor forums or initiatives.
- Effectively partner with other sourcing/vendor related functions, establishing and managing strategic and operational documents as appropriate.
- Provide operational input to sponsor & vendor operational committees/teams as appropriate.
- Ensure partnerships are implemented according to ethical/regulatory/legal requirements.
- Partners with appropriate functions to ensure key management documents are in place (Master Services Agreement, Quality Agreements, etc.).
Who You Are
Education and Experience Required:
- BS/BA required, preferably in Life Science
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical development experience, preferably managing outsourced clinical trials and/or experience in an operational role with or at a vendor
- Experience with external vendor collaborations, including CROs and central labs preferred
- Experience developing, implementing, and managing outsourcing strategies is a plus
A Job with Benefits Beyond the Benefits
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.