Research Associate/Senior Research Associate - Molecular and Cellular Expression Sciences
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a private biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a pipeline of six drug candidates in various stages of development, including NGM282 that recently demonstrated proof-of-concept in a Phase 2 study in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). We have many more in preclinical development. In 2015, we entered into a broad, strategic collaboration with Merck that will provide us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to join our Molecular and Cellular Expression Group. The Research Associate/Senior Research Associate will consistently support molecular design, protein expression (in a variety of systems), and analysis of novel potential therapeutic proteins to support exploratory and mature clinical programs.
- Efficiently culture different types of mammalian cell lines using sterile mammalian cell culture techniques
- Molecular design and cloning with expert level proficiency using sequence analysis software such as Vector NTI and Sequencher (preferred)
- Transient and/or stable cell transfection for generation of recombinant proteins, antibodies, and/or protein-expressing cells
- Small and large scale protein production
- Recombinant protein expression in non-mammalian hosts such as E.coli and insect cells
- End-point measurements that could include ELISA, Western blotting, ForteBio Octet titer measurement, flow cytometry, and/or immunostaining
- Maintain naïve cell stocks, vector constructs, and research reagents with excellent record keeping
- Efficiently and consistently maintain an accurate and up-to-date electronic laboratory notebook while disseminating high-quality data to team members in a timely manner
- Strong communications skills (both oral and written), and ability to work in a fast-paced, energetic environment
- Assist in routine care of particular laboratory equipment
- Ability to multitask and demonstrate flexibility
- Must adhere to strict laboratory hygiene and safety standards
- B.S./M.S. in biology or biochemistry with basic training in molecular/cellular biology, and/or biochemistry. Two or more years of Biotechnology industry experience preferred.
- Experience in mammalian expression of recombinant proteins and/or cell biology research
- Experience in molecular biology techniques, including but not limited to molecule design, restriction/ligation cloning, and seamless cloning methods
- Experience in vector design and construction preferred
- Experience accessing primary literature to incorporate new ideas in current protocols and methodology
- Experience with HT cloning and expression platforms and instrumentation preferred
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should click "Apply now"