Senior Research Associate, Immune Oncology
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a private biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a growing pipeline of drug candidates in various stages of development, including NGM282 that recently demonstrated proof-of-concept in a Phase 2 study in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). In 2015, we entered into a broad, strategic collaboration with Merck that provides us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our expanding pipeline of novel drug candidates.
NGM is currently offering a unique opportunity for an independent and highly motivated Senior Research Associate to join our team focused on the development of novel therapeutics for oncology.
- Employ modern molecular and cellular biology techniques to evaluate target function utilizing in vitro and in vivo systems, in line with our immune target identification and validation goals.
- Independently design, perform and troubleshoot experiments, analyze data, and present findings in a team-oriented setting.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date laboratory record.
- Attend research project team meetings and contribute to the general success of team projects.
- Stay abreast of latest scientific and technology advancements in the field.
- BS or MS in life sciences with at least 4 years (for BS) or 2 years (for MS) of relevant laboratory experience with human and animal models. Immunology and industry experience preferred.
- Proficiency with modern sterile cell culture technique, and maintaining live cell lines. Experience in a BSL2 setting preferred.
- Experience with current cell biology and immunology techniques (e.g. cellular depletion/enrichment, functional immune assays, flow cytometry, ELISA, qPCR).
- Proficiency using data analysis and visualization software such as Excel and GraphPad Prism.
- Must possess a willingness to take on new experimental challenges, and a capability of multitasking, in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong self-motivation with a dedicated work ethic.
- Excellent oral presentation and communication skills.
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.