VP, CLINICAL IMMUNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT
Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the Vice President, Clinical Immunology, will lead the clinical development of our small molecule BTK inhibitor in pemphigus, ITP and other autoantibody-driven diseases, and assist in the development of the immunoproteosome program and new therapeutic targets. The design and analysis of the clinical programs will involve close collaboration with multidisciplinary teams spanning research immunology, DMPK, biostatistics, development operations, quality, regulatory affairs, commercial strategy and CMC. As a senior leader in the organization, you will successfully maintain alignment and excellent communications with key stakeholders internally, and ably represent Principia to Investigators and in public presentations.
• MD (preferably MD and PhD) with Board Certification in a relevant discipline such as Internal Medicine or its subspecialties
• Combination of at least 10 years of clinical academic research and industry drug development experience in immunology/autoimmune disease
• A strong understanding of clinical immunology
• Working knowledge of currently licensed and in-development immunosuppressive drug regimens
• A demonstrated track record of independent research and peer-reviewed publications in areas of immunology research
• Strategic/creative thinker/results-oriented
• Excels in a multi-project, fast-track team-oriented environment
• A successful history of flexibility/prioritizing workload given multiple priorities
• Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing, problem solving, skills
• Strong presentation skills at all levels including Board of Directors, Scientific Advisory Boards and KOLs
• Willingness to travel 10 to 20% both domestic and international
• Ability to mentor and manage junior clinical development scientists/medical directors
Principia Biopharma, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.