Senior Systems Analyst - Supply Chain
AbbVie's Supply Chain BTS organization is helping to transform the business by connecting information from packaging lines to patients. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of that change. Supply Chain Senior Systems Analyst will be part of the team that drives the solution development of mid to large-scale initiatives designed to improve business operations & processes. The individual will have good understanding of Supply Chain applications needs, and will lead applications build efforts across disciplines and subject areas for the team, for ongoing & future projects. Demonstrate proficiency in a broad range of skills for information technology system definition, development, deployment and support.
- Serve as Technical Lead on projects ensuring alignment with standards for applications architecture, technology, and supply chain. Collaborates with the hardware, network and database architects in application design and implementation.
- Consult with business teams in the analysis and definition of short and long range business requirements and recommends innovations which anticipate the future impact of changing business requirements.
- Evaluate & recommend new software, utilities, and tools.
- Understand the broad objectives of the project as well as his/her role in achieving those objectives, and modify approach when required. Escalates open issues to ensure execution success and keeps stakeholders informed through effective verbal and written communication.
- Learn, understand and master new methods and technologies, and act as a resource or mentor for others.
- Create and maintain project and technical documentation: impact analysis, design documents, technical requirements, IT procedures, SIQ (software installation qualification), estimates.
- Develop and support client and internal reporting requirements and systems.
- Support business acceptance testing and system validation activities.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
- 3 to 5 years of IT experience in analysis, development and support
- Good communication, analytical and problem solving skills partnering with various IT and business teams
- Ability to multitask and work within timelines
- Demonstrated ability to learn, understand and master new technologies
- Leadership qualities and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of the system development life cycle and application program development alternatives
- Experience with Web Application Architectures and Services Oriented Architectures (.Net, Java, HTML, XML, Web Services) and server-side technology (ASP .Net, Web API) a plus
- Serialization / Track and Trace experience in the Pharmaceutical Supply Chain, including knowledge of global requirements, vendors, standards and industry practices a plus
- Experience or knowledge of supply chain concepts a plus