Associate Business Systems Consultant
Serves as a main point of contact for multiple IT systems for the business clients; Plays the IT functional SME role as well as the IT technical SME role for the IT systems; Achieve and sustain the business clients evolving objectives by leading IT system implementation / enhancements efforts; Manages and provides technical guidance to a team of developers and vendors on the selection, design, justification, implementation and business use of the IT solution implementation and enhancements; On the functional responsibility side, analyzes the business processes, identifies solutions & alternatives, assesses feasibility and makes recommendations leveraging new or existing IT technology; Ensures the solution recommendation and approach are aligned with the enterprise IT strategy
Key Responsibilities Include :
Key Responsibilities Include :
- Identifies current and emerging business needs and evaluates available or alternative IT solutions using standard information systems methodologies and best practices. Proactively seeks out strategic business opportunities with business unit executives for the application of new or existing IT capabilities.
- Works directly with business clients to understand specific business processes and identifies IT capabilities and information required to support the business processes; Leads and collaborates in the development of the solution that meets or exceeds the quality required to meet the business needs
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures including SLC
- Directly manages solution development effort and monitors the overall project progress; Takes hands-on-approach to resolve technical, operational and functional obstacles for the project; Informs customer management of progress and, conversely, keeps IT managers aware of the solution progress / issues / resolutions
- Ensures robust testing plans are in place to confirm that requirements and system design are accurate and complete
- Conducts training. Identify process disconnects and translate them into improvement opportunities with cost savings or avoidance, productivity improvements, or revenue generating business benefits. Develops business relationships and integrates activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Manages relationships between clients involved and IT organizations to assure effective communication between the groups is occurring. Brokers services within IT community on behalf of customers; coordinates system solutions.
- Influences organization decisions and business area objectives based on supporting facts/metrics
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives of assignment. Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects. Establishes organizational objectives and delegates assignments.
- Accountable for actions and decisions taken by self
- Accountable for the accuracy of the fit of the proposed solution to the business needs and the information upon which the business justification and prioritization decisions are made
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally and with partners outside of team to enable higher performance; Be comfortable in paying attention to detailed analysis while being able to see the big picture in solution development
- Leads design work with ETL technology such as Informatica, with database design such as Oracle, and with general web applications
- Manages vendor relationship in eLearning area, such as Sum Total
- Bachelors Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 5-7 years of related work experience.