Supply Chain Planner II
The Supply Chain Planner is responsible for the short to long range end-to-end supply chain planning activities as well as controlling the flow of product between manufacturing sites and the central distribution centers. The objective is to create a feasible end-to-end manufacturing and replenishment plan for the manufacturing sites and Distribution centers which aligns with Brand strategy, meets market demand and optimizes inventory levels. To achieve this, the Supply Chain Planner builds strong relationships with supplying sites, brand operations managers, TPM managers, Quality Assurance, Finance and Distribution and other stakeholders. The Supply Chain Planner knows the business and anticipates future opportunities and risks, and continuously raises the bar to ensure success for Abbvie and the patients.
- Create, monitor and maintain a feasible 24 month end-to-end volume (replenishment/ production) and inventory plan for all assigned product families that conform to business strategies, financial and throughput plans, capacity constraints and the target inventory profiles to support monthly sales and operations planning process and PLAN/LBE process.
- Act as partner for the Brand Leader and other brand team members to determine the impact of projects and strategic decisions on volumes and inventory
- Leverage the global planning system, and monitor and maintain planning parameters and data to ensure AbbVie manufacturing sites and affiliates have reliable data to look at and output from the system can be used for third party manufacturers and customers.
- Participate in or initiate the periodic S&OP process.
- Daily contact with one or multiple (internal/external) supplying plants to coordinate the supply of pharmaceutical finished product, bulk, active pharmaceutical ingredient or supporting materials
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, within the organization, AbbVie manufacturing plants, Third party suppliers and cross-functional personnel.
- Participate in cross functional projects as Subject Matter Expert or lead for supply chain planning.
- Provide training and drive continuous improvement for areas where identified as a Process Owner.
- Offer innovative ideas and solutions to maximize business opportunities to address challenges in the brand planning function.
- Influence others and act as a credible and respected role model (coach/mentor) and resource among peers for onboarding/training new employees.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or Science
- 3 - 5 years of work experience in a similar environment, is preferred
- Must be experienced with advanced planning systems and ERP systems, preferably JDA and SAP
- Ability to be a team player with focus on improvement and strong drive for results
- Must possess excellent overall view and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- Excellent organizational skills are required
- Proven ability to possess strong problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to step up and takes leadership to own challenges
- Must be persistent and resilient when confronted with obstacles, and resolves issues in a timely manner.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled