Manufacturing Domain Architect
Responsible for managing the Manufacturing Plant Solutions, Data, Business, and/or Technology architectures to drive ‘continuity by design' and tying them to the Enterprise Architecture and other sister architectures. For large projects with multiple systems, the domain architect is responsible for aligning technology solutions with business strategies, working primarily with senior management and technical specialists across functional disciplines. Coaches application and technical specialists in the multi-system application architecture. Responsible for existing design of supported applications as well as overall AbbVie application architecture. Develops the architectural governance and processes for managing MES data, solutions, cybersecurity , IT/OT design philosophies and/or infrastructure portfolios as is appropriate. Aligns enterprise portfolio with business application needs and objectives. Consults on major systems strategies and implementations. This is a strategic leadership position in Operations IT responsible for enabling innovative technologies and the architecture of our Plant solutions leveraged across the company and our manufacturing sites. Responsibilities:
- Defines, socializes and drives architecture tenets for plant solutions that meet end to end Abbvie and Plant business and security needs. Specify architecture approach and standards.
- Review customer's process strategy to ensure adequacy of technical strategy. Ensure the architecture supports the requirements of the business process and effective gap remediation is addressed.
- Drive and evolve ‘Plant in a box' design strategies, understand failure modes and drive design in support of agreed failure modes in a cost effective responsible manner.
- Ownership of plant Cybersecurity framework and responsible for continually assessing, quantifying and mitigating risk across IT and in partnership with OT, labs and Shop-floor
- Understands and participates in industry forums and evaluates/recommends architecture changes based on meaningful technology and business trends. Provide strategic perspective and alignment, support governance efforts and drive architecture reviews.
- Provides strategic consultancy support to clients, Senior Technical Specialists and other technical architects in all aspects of enabling technologies to meet business needs. Provides expertise on architecture design or improvement. Considers the performance impact of the architecture.
- Conduct investigation activity/research and give technical advice to the adoption or integration of new technologies and their business impact.
- Identifies problems and issues affecting multiple areas and facilitates their resolution. Effectively anticipates and evaluates impacts of problem solutions that affect multiple areas of the organization both IT and OT. Leads and coordinates efforts of hardware, network and database architects in application design and implementation.
- Consistently suggests possible alternative approaches or points of view. Participates in determining goals and objectives for projects.
- Reviews solution design to ensure alignment of overarching organizational design principles. Takes the risk to address difficult issues, standing firm when necessary, for the betterment of the Abbvie or process.
- Participates in defining business case of investments in IT. Understands AbbVie's business processes and how they affect the way systems are designed across business groups.
- Bachelor's Degree plus 10+ years of related work experience with a strong understanding of Manufacturing functional area, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred. Advanced degree preferred.
- At least 10 years experience in a variety of IT roles including technical, application development, business systems,and data management.
- At least 3 years managing projects. Exposure to a wide variety of technologies and applications. Total combined experience of 10-14 years.