Manager, Market Research
AbbVie is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories. The Company's mission is to create an innovation-driven, patient-focused specialty biopharmaceutical company capable of achieving sustainable top-tier performance through outstanding execution and a consistent stream of innovative new medicines. AbbVie employs approximately 29,000 colleagues worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries. AbbVie is striving to outsmart cancer by working with scientists, physicians, industry peers, patient advocacy groups and, most importantly, patients to discover, develop, and provide new therapies that will have a remarkable impact on the lives of people around the world affected by cancer. Our goal is to provide medicines that make a transformational improvement in cancer treatment and outcomes for cancer patients. By exploring and investing in new pathways, technologies, and approaches, AbbVie is breaking ground in some of the most widespread and difficult-to-treat cancers. We are also exploring solutions to help patients obtain access to our cancer medicines. With the acquisition of Pharmacyclics in 2015 and Stemcentrx in 2016, and through several collaborations, AbbVie's oncology portfolio consists of marketed medicines and a pipeline containing multiple new molecules being actively evaluated worldwide in 200+ clinical trials in 20+ different cancers and tumor types. For more information about AbbVie Oncology, please visit https://abbvieoncology.com. The Marketing Research Manager will design, implement, manage and analyze marketing research for the designated therapeutic area(s). The individual will derive insights from primary and secondary research, and partner with the commercial team to inform decision-making around brand strategies and tactics. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Act as research lead for key commercial team relationships focused on providing strategic insight, forming a trusted relationship, and staying abreast of commercial issues.
- Is conversant with custom research methodologies, adept at supplier and stakeholder management, and is able to independently lead custom research projects to deliver compelling strategic and tactical insight.
- Collaborate with marketing research team members to identify and bring innovative custom research approaches to the organization.
- Maintain organizational knowledge of market and competitive trends and industry developments and effectively communicate this knowledge to internal stakeholders. Possess a solid understanding of industry secondary data and syndicated sources and their strengths and weaknesses.
- Analyze market and brand trends and performance for all Franchise markets.
- Capture and communicate these trends/performance dynamics via management and publication of weekly and monthly reporting.
- Synthesize research learning across projects and primary and secondary research to develop actionable insights and recommendations that shape commercial strategies and tactics.
- Builds solid relationships as a team player, while maintaining objectivity and lack of bias to represent the voice of the customer.
- Monitor and manage marketing research programs within budget and identify opportunities for cost savings where appropriate.
- Ensure all marketing research activities are conducted in accordance with financial and ethical compliance guidelines.
- BA or BS degree required.
- 6+ years relevant marketing research experience, with at least 4 years client side marketing research experience
- Analytical reasoning abilities, intellectual curiosity, strong business acumen, and creativity in problem solving.
- Ability to interact effectively with/present to (verbally and in writing) all levels of the organization, from Product Managers to Divisional Vice Presidents.
- Advanced knowledge of custom research methodologies
- Proven experience as an integral member of a high performing work team.
- Strong project management skills
- MBA or MA preferred. Degree concentration in marketing research or marketing is a strong plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled