Senior Scientist, Antibody Engineering
We are seeking an accomplished scientist who will make substantial contributions to the conception, execution and communication of antibody discovery strategies in a highly collaborative environment.
- Develop and execute research strategies to enable the discovery and development of therapeutic antibodies and antibody drug conjugates for AbbVie's core therapeutics areas
- Design and execute in vitro display technologies for lead antibody
- Identify/ optimize and collaborate to generate stage-gate appropriate in vitro / cellular / in vivo data packages supporting PoC
- Develop and implement research to gain a detailed mechanistic understanding of the molecular pharmacology of therapeutic molecules
- Generate internal and external collaborations as necessary to further program goals
- Drivie antibody/ADC discovery programs within a multidisciplinary research group in an exciting, fast-paced team environment
Position will be hired based on level of experience.
- BS, MS, or PHD in immunology, cell biology, molecular biology, protein/antibody engineering or closely related fields with 10+ years (BS) 8+ years (MS) or 0+ years (PhD) of relevant experience.
- Significant research experience as demonstrated by track record of publications and scientific accomplishments
- Hands-on experience with in vitro antibody discovery display technologies (e.g., phage, yeast display)
- Antibody/antibody fragment library design and construction
- Strong molecular biology skills
- Deep understanding of antibody structure and function
- Experience in antibody engineering and optimization (e.g., humanization, Fc optimization)
- Highly developed leadership and communication skills
- Keen ability to engage internal and external scientific leaders in collaborative research
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Work in a collaborative environment with functional and therapeutic areas
- Adapt to rapid changes in project priorities and timelines
- Experience leading biologics discovery projects
- Background in protein expression and purification
- Experience with protein characterization (e.g., MS, SEC, etc.)
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of the team to enable higher performance
- Learns fast, grasps the “essence” and can change the course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled