Director, Business Intelligence Capabilities
The Director, Global Analytics & BI Capabilities is responsible for creating remarkable capabilities and measuring business outcomes (designed by Global Brand Team ‘s core & key choice initiatives) by working in conjunction with Areas & Affiliates. In addition, this position is pivotal in helping drive Launch, Marketing & In Field Team Excellence by embedding best practice reporting, analytics and leading KPI's to evolve AbbVie's Global Customer Excellence model. The Global Analytics Director will also serve as a lead for guiding and building BI capabilities and support Multi-Channel Engagement competencies. Finally, the Global Analytics Director will provide support, grounded in deep expertise, to AbbVie's Area & Affiliate Customer Excellence teams and institute a best in class analytic center of excellence (CoE).
- The Global Analytics Director will work closely with multiple stakeholders including GBT's, Area & Affiliates in framing critical business questions, synthesizing various data sources, evaluating in market performance and generating analytical models to inform segmentation, resource allocation & investment optimization (FRAIM).
- Enable Launch excellence by strong analytic leadership across therapy areas and provide pro-active thought leadership in defining and tracking launch KPI's. This person will choose analytics tool components of the Launch Ecosystem; propose capabilities and an operating model required to exploit them.
- Execute on the roadmap defined by the newly formed Global Analytics function (e.g., target analytic models, capabilities to build, interactions with Area/Affiliates, etc.).
- Identify and utilize latest advances to measure and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of our core strategies and key initiatives. Develop, champion and maintain an analytic community to advance and share leading practices.
- Assess Global, Area & Affiliate analytic readiness and gather business requirements to support business outcomes measurement, Multi-Channel & In Field analytics. Act as an analytic center of expertise on In Field, Multi-Channel, data/reporting and analytics. Drive the development and usage of MCE/closed-loop marketing metrics/KPIs and dashboards.
- Drive the interaction and partnership between the Area/Affiliates - staying at the forefront to ensure a tight cooperation in identifying and defining analytical needs, and generating the pull-through of insights & analytics with the business.
- Enable a cross-functional network and provide predictive modelling expertise to enhance Affiliate learnings with Global frameworks.
- Proactively propose techniques with up-to-date technological advancements in areas, such as, Big Data & Machine Learning to reduce costs and drive efficiencies across Global, Area & Affiliates.
- Partner with the MABI teams to understand and represent their needs with respect to GBT objectives, priorities, and support capability requirements.
- BA or BS degree required. Advanced degree (e.g. MBA or MA) preferred. Statistical knowledge is a plus. 10+ years of relevant experience with 3+ years leading decision science/data analytics functions required; previous healthcare industry experience preferred. Experience in pharmaceutical analytics across traditional and digital channels.
- Analytical reasoning abilities, intellectual curiosity, strong business acumen, and creativity in problem solving.
- Ability to be agile & nimble to changing business conditions, strong collaboration and teamwork across functional groups to contribute to a productive work culture. Lead strategically and create trust and respect within the department.
- Deep knowledge of advanced modeling (promotional resource allocation, segmentation, SFE - Sales Force Excellence, channel mix & target optimization).
- Ability to execute on a long-term analytic capability development roadmap, and to work in a matrix environment to deliver on the objectives. Experience in contributing to the development of a new analytics organization.
- Highly developed analytical, problem-solving, and consulting skills. Strong change leadership, communication, influencing, and negotiation skills.
- Strategic thinker, keeping big picture in mind while ensuring execution excellence.
- Ability to manage complexity, help team prioritize, and make effective decisions in complex, cross-functional, changing environments. Proven leadership of high-performing cross-functional global teams in matrixed organizations.