BTS Purchasing Architect
Job Description: Responsible for managing the procurement technology architecture to drive ‘end-to-end' continuity of experience within Source-to-Settle processes in AbbVie. This requires alignment across the enterprise with peer functions that engage in design and delivery of solutions with suppliers and operational procurement activities. For large projects with multiple systems, the domain architect is responsible for aligning technology solutions with business strategies, working primarily with senior management and technical specialists across functional disciplines. Act as a lead in his/her area of expertise and critically evaluate relevant technological advances and integrate this knowledge into new business technology solutions. Responsibilities:
- Creates and maintains the architectural framework of the purchasing domain, effectively function as a principle architect, generating new technological proposals and leading those efforts.
- Effectively function as a principle architect, generating new technological proposals and leading those efforts. Anticipate and critically evaluate technological advances or competitive threats and respond with appropriate new strategies.
- Vets out the external approaches to our technology delivery
- Facilitates and supports cross function efforts representing purchasing function in architecture governance across the enterprise.
- Demonstrate creative 'out of the box' thinking to solve difficult problems and champion new technologies to achieve project goals.
- Demonstrate mastery across a wide range of data and software engineering, including data warehousing, data integration, data visualization and analysis, software development, statistics, and machine learning.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of the pharmaceutical business, and utilize this knowledge in the rapid advancement of agile, impactful, and cost-effective solutions.
- Recognized and sought out as an expert in his/her discipline within the company and possibly externally.
- May mentor/supervise a team of one or more internal or external resources and guide and evaluate the performance of those individuals; is accountable for the effective performance of the team/individuals.
- Shapes relationships with affiliates, subsidiaries, vendors, and industry peers in accordance with Abbvie Values, Vendor Management Office, and Purchasing to further the mission, vision and goals of the organization.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and typically 14+ years of experience, Master's Degree or equivalent education and typically 12+ years of experience. Eight years of experience in application program development. Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Requires in‐depth knowledge of procurement business processes (supplier management, sourcing, contract management, operational procurement, invoice management) and technology landscape, including, but not limited to, SAP ECC/S4, SAP Ariba. Requires software development life cycle understanding and systems application program development technological alternatives.