Director, Clinical Project Management
Responsibilities and Job Functions
- Responsible for providing project management expertise and support for Operations Sub Teams and cross-functional Operations Group initiatives that aid and ensure achievement of Operations Group deliverables and goals.
- Develop and roll-out project management reporting and communication tools and templates to support program communications and updates and timely escalation of issues that would impede success.
- Assist with the execution of BLA activities for the operations group
- Develop and monitor project timelines against program goals; understand project plan critical path, and ensure any change or impact to agreed upon project plan is escalated appropriately and on time
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- BA/BS or equivalent degree in scientific discipline with 12+ years, of clinical trials research experience/clinical project management in a pharmaceutical / biotechnology company or CRO industry
- MS / MBA / Ph.d with 8+ years, of clinical trials research experience/clinical project management in a pharmaceutical / biotechnology company or CRO industry
- Demonstrates extensive technical expertise in and understanding of cross-function clinical trials processes from study start-up through study closure (e.g., data management, safety, biostatistics, medical writing)
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in work with proven ability to work independently, with a high level of integrity on multiple tasks
- Strong work ethic, willing to put in the time and effort to complete critical tasks on time with quality
- Excellent sense of urgency to deliver at/surpass study conduct targets
- Ability to support multiple project teams simultaneously, be well organized and have strong time management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work under limited supervision, determine personal work plan, and schedule tasks and activities accordingly
- Ability to accommodate shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources and to be persuasive, encouraging and motivating
- Proven experience working in an emerging biotechnology/pharmaceutical/CRO company leveraging outsourced work to CROs/Vendors
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, assigned staff, and senior management
- In-depth knowledge and skill with Microsoft Project, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and other reporting and tracking tools
- Experience with SmartSheet (preferred)
- Working knowledge of ICH GCP as relates to clinical trial management
- Demonstrated financial acumen in planning and managing clinical program budgets
Being a member of the ARMO BioSciences team is a unique opportunity to make a difference in the life of patients suffering of grievous diseases. We demonstrate a strong sense of personal ownership in everything we do and as such expect honesty, integrity, passion and scientific excellence from our employees. ARMO BioSciences is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a workforce that respects individual skills and diversity and commitment to teamwork. We hire outstanding people and subscribe to a rigorous, fast-paced work ethic where the science leads the business.