Early Development Scientist/Sr. Scientist
PACT Pharma is a new immunotherapy company that is developing personalized adoptive T cell therapies for the eradication of solid tumors. We identify private mutations for each patient’s cancer and engineer autologous T cells to target and kill tumors that present these mutated neoepitopes. We use technology licensed from the laboratories of Drs. Heath and Baltimore (Caltech) and novel technologies developed in-house to identify T cells that recognize cancer-specific neoepitopes. The unique T-cell receptor (TCR) sequences obtained from these neoepitope-reactive cells are then engineered into T cells from the patient’s own blood to produce PACT’s therapeutic product: a tsunami of fresh, active T cells that, following infusion into the patient, recognize and attack each patient’s cancer cells.
We are located in the San Francisco Bay Area, in the heart of the world’s premier biotechnology research hub. PACT Pharma offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including participation in the growth of the company in the form of stock option grants. PACT Pharma is an ambitious cutting-edge undertaking - we anticipate our company will become a leader in personalized adoptive T cell therapies for cancer and therefore key to the future of cancer treatment. Currently we are located in Hayward, CA. We will relocate to South San Francisco in Q3/Q4 2018.
Scientist / Sr. Scientist – Protein Sciences
The ideal candidate will be a highly experienced research scientist with a PhD in a relevant life science discipline with a track record of successful, self-directed research. The successful candidate should be an expert in immunology, molecular biology, and protein chemistry, with focus on T cell biology, protein purification, and cell receptor characterization. Candidate should enjoy devising and optimizing new approaches as needed.
- Work productively as a member of a team, led by the Principal Investigator – Early Product Development. Extensive collaboration with other PACT teams is anticipated.
- Candidate is expected to maintain rigor and quality of execution, documentation and timelines.
- Execute transient transfection of mammalian cells for generation of large batches of recombinant protein.
- Develop and implement novel high throughput methods for protein production, purification, and characterization.
- Mentor team individuals, motivate team success, and contribute in a collegial manner to the entire company.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in the form of written reports, including drafting and review of protocols, SOPs, batch records and regulatory documentation to support clinical development.
- The ideal candidate holds an advanced degree (PhD) in immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field.
- Should enjoy operating in a dynamic and cooperative environment.
- Must be innovative, goal-driven, and able to focus on time-sensitive objectives.
- The ideal candidate has worked for 2+ years in industry with documented experience with Early Product Development / Protein Engineering.
- The ideal candidate should be an expert in molecular biology and mammalian protein expression and purification (affinity, ion-exchange, size-exclusion, hydrophobic interaction).
- Comprehensive experience of protein analytical techniques, including SDS-PAGE, Western blots, HPLC, ELISA, Flow Cytometry, SPR, calorimetry, and spectrophotometric analysis (UV, DLS, DSF, CD etc.)
- Able to start as soon as possible.
- Advanced understanding of T cell-mediated cellular immunity.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, C.V. and Research Summary.