Technical Associate II
Technical Associate II
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
The Bathe Lab in the MIT Department of Biological Engineering seeks a technical associate to provide long-term technical assistance to multiple investigators pursuing research at the leading edge of DNA and RNA nanotechnology, neurobiology, and therapeutics.
Primary responsibilities will include performing biochemical and molecular biology techniques including protein and nucleic acid conjugation and purification, click chemistries, bacterial cloning and transformation for protein expression and purification, PCR, gel electrophoresis, phage production, and mammalian cell culture including neurons, HEK cells, cancer cell lines, and iPSCs. Further duties will include managing the everyday needs of the lab including helping researchers with routine protocols; managing lab safety; and ensuring proper maintenance of the laboratory equipment including qPCR, UV/Vis spectrophotometer, fluorimeter, AKTA purification system, Gel Doc, and fluorescence microscopes.
- A minimum of four years’ laboratory technician experience in a biochemistry research lab setting
- A bachelor's degree (master’s preferred) in biology, chemical engineering, chemistry or related technical discipline
- Extensive experience with routine biochemistry and molecular biology including primer design, cloning and PCR, gel electrophoresis, HPLC and purification, Western blot, and mammalian cell culture
- Willingness to learn new techniques/protocols; ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Follow complex instructions, plan and troubleshoot experiments, and respond to the dynamic needs of the lab
- Self-motivation, detail-orientation, excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to carefully document and maintain work in detailed written records
Some night and weekend work will be required. No travel required.
Interested candidates may apply online at https://careers.mit.edu. Please reference job number 14785 and indicate where you saw this posting.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.